If you are not able to login to the forum, please Contact Us here to let us know. Thanks!

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

Weld Commando wheels

This is a discussion on Weld Commando wheels within the Offroad forums, part of the General Discussion category; - The Ultimate 4x4 Wheels; Weld F1 - Tough FORGED One -Piece Alloy Wheels - Handles up to a 44 ...

Weld Commando wheels

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

- The Ultimate 4x4 Wheels; Weld F1

- Tough FORGED One -Piece Alloy Wheels

- Handles up to a 44 inch tire with ease

- 100% CNC machined

- Up to 3200 load rating per wheel

- Polished finish

- 8", 10", and 12" widths

I think these will look good with a set of 37" BF Goodrich KOs wrapped around them. Weld's current ad shows these with 40" tires and mounted on a yellow H2.

I'm thinking about switching because they are much easier to keep clean than polished wheels.

Tom

2002 8.1 Silverado HD - Comp Cam, TOGs headers, Volant induction, Direct Hits ignition, 8" lift 18" wheels/tires + more
    2002 8.1 Suburban -Intercooled Whipple supercharger, TOGs headers, Volant induction, 22" wheels/tires + more - 407hp/558 ft-lb torque at the rear wheels.

Those look sweet. They would look awesome on that HD. What size was you getting? 17x10 with 37x12.5x17 BFGs??
    Black 2002 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LS EC/SB 4x4, 6.0L 5spd 4.10, 305/70/17 Goodyear MT/Rs, 17x9 Helo Maxx 8, K&N FIPK II, Westers 93 PCM, Flowmaster 3" Dual Exhaust, Extang Tonneau Cover, Husky Floor Liners, Silver Escalade Gauges, Alpine CDA-9853, GM Chrome Step Bars, Billet Bowtie & Grille.

It says those are polished... You getting them in chrome? Or is that an option? My chrome Helos are way to easy to clean, windex and a clean rag and they are mucho shiney...

Sigh... OK, back to square one. I think I spend to much time in front of the computer because I didn't even notice that it said polished. I believe only the Weld Evo wheels are chrome. I thought I saw a listing for these in chrome and the picture looked that way.

Any recommendations on a good looking "offroad" style wheel in chrome? The Helos look pretty good but I'd like something along the lines of the Commando or the American Eagle 102s that I'm running now. I'm going to go down to 17s for a better tire selection. I'd like to use 37x12.5x17 BFGs. At that point it will be time to swap to 4.56s.

This is just like performance mods, it's never ending :)

those are sweet

I found the ad last night. The wheels looked chrome in the picture and I saw Evo when I scanned through the info so I thought they were chrome. I still like the looks of this wheel but I had a set of Boyd's on a Suburban a few years ago. They also looked good but it was way to much work to keep them looking that way.

If you like them so much why not look into getting them cleared. I know Intro wheels has been doing that and they are happy w/ it.
    2015 Carlisle All Truck Nats info..
    http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/o...t-7th-9th.html

ot but you can put windex on wheels?

No its not stock height!
    1998 GMC "TOY"
    2005 Chevy 2500HD "DAILY"

Use that ZOOP stuff. It seals the wheels so they are easier to clean. And they stay polsihed.
    2007 Silverado Classic, Crew Cab, Eagle 079, Magnaflo, Airraid and BB Tune.
    2001 Silverado HD, 6" Rancho Lift, 16x10 Eagle 102's and 36x14.50x16 STS's, Rancho Traction Bars. SOLD

I use windex on my chrome rims... I doubt it would help any on polished...

Originally posted by 1BADHD
    Use that ZOOP stuff. It seals the wheels so they are easier to clean. And they stay polsihed.
    Black 2002 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LS EC/SB 4x4, 6.0L 5spd 4.10, 305/70/17 Goodyear MT/Rs, 17x9 Helo Maxx 8, K&N FIPK II, Westers 93 PCM, Flowmaster 3" Dual Exhaust, Extang Tonneau Cover, Husky Floor Liners, Silver Escalade Gauges, Alpine CDA-9853, GM Chrome Step Bars, Billet Bowtie & Grille.

Hum... this stuff looks pretty good - http://www.zoops.com/

How long does it take to do a set of wheels?

white and nerdy
    Originally posted by nebraskaz71
    ot but you can put windex on wheels?
    Yup. I use Bissel Foaming Glass cleaner to clean the big stuff off my intros, and then i polish with mothers mag and aluminum cleaner.
    2002 Tahoe
    le malibu

Currently seeking - suburban

Originally posted by tbyrne
    Hum... this stuff looks pretty good - http://www.zoops.com/

How long does it take to do a set of wheels?
    I would'nt use it. I heard it wears off, cracks and gets "yellow" after some time.
    2015 Carlisle All Truck Nats info..
    http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/o...t-7th-9th.html

I use Windex on all my chrome stuff. My quad (Banshee) is all chromed out and I use Windex and it shines it up really nice. Stuff works real good.
    03 Dark Grey Silverado, Billet Grill, 6" Fabtech, 2" PA Body Lift, Kodiak Steps, Flowmaster 40, Ractive Intake, 20" Akuza Bounce w/ 35 Nitto Grapplers.

Re: Weld Commando wheels

Originally posted by tbyrne
    Weld's current ad shows these with 40" tires and mounted on a yellow H2.
    No, that h2 isnt even lifted, even tho the ambiguously gay ad says "OFFROAD SUSPENSION WITH 8" LIFT"...whatever OFFROAD suspension means. Those STS are probably 35s.

I have concluded that h2s are and so are any ads pertaining to them. So are fat guys that try to look diesel.