GM Inside - Ford Inside - Ford Ranger - Jeep - American Muscle

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

Chevrolet C30

This is a discussion on Chevrolet C30 within the Offroad 2WD forums, part of the Offroad category; I'm lookin' at a '82 C30 Dually, I can get this truck for roughly a grand. It needs a lil' ...

Chevrolet C30

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    I'm lookin' at a '82 C30 Dually, I can get this truck for roughly a grand. It needs a lil' bit of work, but I would like to know how to lift the front to sit level with the back, cause its got a bad case of dually-style okie rake. I don't plan to do ANY off-roading, I just want it to have a "Tough" look too

Re: Chevrolet C30

I imagine it does, but does it have a big block in it?
    1951 Chevy 3100 RCSB
    2000 Chevy K2500 CCSB
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelbowtie View Post
    i have camo rockers and i **** my sister. but god is she hott.

Nope, 350 Not sure if its 2 OR 4 Bolt assuming 2, and a 4 Speed Manual... Just gettin it as kind of a back-up vehicle for my Z71, cause everytime I have to fix somethin MAJOR.. The only thing left to drive is a knockin 99 Caravan, or a 01 Taurus Station Wagon til I get it back on the road (I know.... I know... GROSS)Lol, but I LOVE those body style trucks the most, especially the duallys its just somethin about them, and I just got my taxes back and at this price you can't really beat it... but anyways back to my question how can I lift the front??

A new set of big block springs will help level it out. It will ride a little rougher, but not to bad. Or, they sell air bags that go in the middle of the coil springs, and you can air them up to lift it up.

Fabtech use to sell like a 6" or 7" lift kit for them, but as far as I know, they no longer do.
    1951 Chevy 3100 RCSB
    2000 Chevy K2500 CCSB
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelbowtie View Post
    i have camo rockers and i **** my sister. but god is she hott.

i have some p30 ifs springs in mine and they are insane. i got the complete front clip from a 1-1/2 12' utility beded truck, they sat high and rode rough in a truck that weighed 10klbs.

you can have them for the cost of shipping.

x2 on the bbc springs, they will give you about 1.5-2" rise, mine maybe 3+"

Well does anyone know if like a 2wd 4-6" Lift kit for a 3/4 ton long bed would work... its just a single cab dually, or is there even a 4-6" kit for a 2wd C-20, or C-30

The only company that makes a lift spring for theses is chassis tech. About 135.00 dollars. they dont have the best rep, but i have not had any trouble with the company.

I'm not gonna worry about it now anyways- went to look at it today and its rough- TOO rough for a grand- if the motor blew up I could "Fred Flintstone" the truck home for the holes in the floor boards so I told him I'd think on it and left