***Login to the Forum here ***

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Off-Roading Places in Georgia

This is a discussion on Off-Roading Places in Georgia within the Trails and Mudholes forums, part of the Offroad category; I just recently got a 2004 f-150 and i want to take it off road. Not really looking to go ...

Off-Roading Places in Georgia

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    I just recently got a 2004 f-150 and i want to take it off road. Not really looking to go bogging, looking for trails and small pits. I'm located in Marietta, so anything north of Atlanta (Cobb County)?? Let me know
    Thanks

Re: Off-Roading Places in Georgia

I'm wondering the same...

So what brought you to FSC? Where in Marietta are you?

theres a place called the goose pond it has dirt roads and mud holes and such
    off hwy 77 close to the oglthorpe/elbert border
    Last edited by elee; 02-07-2010 at 02:03 PM.
    White Lightnin'

89k miles
    2002 Chevrolet Z-71
    Tuned(Vengeance), 285 S/T's, Leveled, Polk door speakers, 3.73's, Black Delta Tool Box, CBE, Air Raid MIT, K&N Filter, Speedliner, De-Molded, Painted Emblems, Z71 Valance

I have lived here in Marietta all my life. I just got a truck and i took it offroading this weekend and i want to take it again but i don't know of any places around here.
    How do you get to goose pond if your going 75 North?

Any of you guys ever hit up national forest and fire roads? I remember going with my Mom and my step dad when i was little, he had a jeep scrambler. They have been divorced for a long time now so i cant just ask him about it. This was up in Gilmer and Fannin counties. Id love to hit up some of the same trails, but my big ass truck wont fit in the tight places his jeep could go.

I wish i knew where those roads were. If you find out let me know

i live in acworth area right next to 92.

i know a good number of places.

what type of stuff are yall looking to ride?

all my friends went off to college and i stayed local so i want to see some new trucks. but im a stock 2wd

Well we are just some high school kids trying to get our trucks muddy. we dont want to sink our trucks in huge boggin holes, we are looking for small holes or trails.
    where are those places at that you were talking about? im sure we would go check them out

i know how yall are. i graduated HHS last year. im in a 2wd reg cab/bed. but i get my truck dirtier than any other 2wd.
    -there are some powerlines off stilesboro by the YMCA and Waffle House.
    -where old stilesboro road dead ends. smaller mud pit and a few trails(not sure if correct road names.)
    -lucas road/black acre: mostly hill climbing. some insane hills there!!!! not very much mud but LOTS of trails. Connected to the "Dallas Mud Bog"
    -Sweetwater: up off hwy 20 near cartersville. few hundred acres of trails ranging from extreme to medium/mild. its at the top end of Lake Allatoona if that helps.

if yall ever go out to any of these places give me a hollar. my buddies and i go to places all over including some i didnt name! shoot me a pm

post what all of yall are driving. i want to know if i have seen yalls rides on the road before.

Quote Originally Posted by Childers View Post
    i know how yall are. i graduated HHS last year. im in a 2wd reg cab/bed. but i get my truck dirtier than any other 2wd.
    -where old stilesboro road dead ends. smaller mud pit and a few trails(not sure if correct road names.)
    -lucas road/black acre: mostly hill climbing. some insane hills there!!!! not very much mud but LOTS of trails. Connected to the "Dallas Mud Bog"
    -Sweetwater: up off hwy 20 near cartersville. few hundred acres of trails ranging from extreme to medium/mild. its at the top end of Lake Allatoona if that helps.

if yall ever go out to any of these places give me a hollar. my buddies and i go to places all over including some i didnt name! shoot me a pm
    woah woah woah. as in harrison high school?

If you ever want another truck to tag along, let me know. I'm running out of good places around here that I can actually go, with no 4x4. And Acworth isn't too far from me.
    01 SFA 1500: project truck, in pieces again
    87 Jeep Cherokee: trail rig, slowly getting built
    03 Buick LeSabre: fully loaded daily driver
    84 M1009: constantly broken money pit, finally gone

Yea we go to sprayberry high school. Im driving a 2004 f-150 white, with a 3 inch in the front and a 1.5 inch in the back. my friend dirves an older z 71 dark blue with all terain tires, and the other guy drives a huge black excursion..but its 4 wheel drive.
    are those powerlines off stileboro legal?

yup, harrison.
    powerlines at stilesboro=illegal.
    im really trying not to go offroad to much since its a 2wd daily driver. i drive over 100 miles a day. im down to tag along though. Kirk i want to see that nbs!

Kirk i want to see that nbs!
    Yeah man, just PM me sometime if you wanna go do some wheeling. With no 4x4, I can't do too much, but I'll still try a lot with it.

i dont know about my truck. im in a stock 2wd. im taking it easy for now. im trying to save up and lift it, then better tires. where all do you go?

i dont know about my truck. im in a stock 2wd. im taking it easy for now. im trying to save up and lift it, then better tires. where all do you go?
    Mostly I dig out mud pits at work, or find some powerlines to cruise down (again, usually right around where we're working at the time). I don't really have any specific places I keep going to.

alright! well my next question for you is: do you know any good places to get deals/steals on tires/parts?? im in college and drive about 100 miles a day, so saving is hard. im looking to find some used tires and lift my truck enough for 35's or 36's

alright! well my next question for you is: do you know any good places to get deals/steals on tires/parts?? im in college and drive about 100 miles a day, so saving is hard. im looking to find some used tires and lift my truck enough for 35's or 36's
    Lately I've been going to 4 Wheel Parts in Marietta for tires and gears, and anything else, I try to find the best deal I can online

they are so expensive. there is another store in cartersville but it is expensive and not anywhere near as knowledgable though

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast