GM Inside - Muscle Cars - Jeep

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

P0700 & P0705 Codes- 2007 Chevy Optra HELP!

This is a discussion on P0700 & P0705 Codes- 2007 Chevy Optra HELP! within the Other Rides Tech forums, part of the General Discussion category; My gf car just came limping home. I pulled these codes. It revs up to about 2000rpm and stays there ...

Exclamation P0700 & P0705 Codes- 2007 Chevy Optra HELP!

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    My gf car just came limping home. I pulled these codes. It revs up to about 2000rpm and stays there and barely makes it to 20km/hr. Anyone familiar with what this may be? Thanks.

2008 GMC Sierra SLE - CCSB, 4x4, 4.8. Magnaflow exhaust. CCM 2.5" level, 285/70/17 Goodyears, 6.5" PIAA lights behind the grille, custom keyed paint

99' HEARTBEAT

Re: P0700 & P0705 Codes- 2007 Chevy Optra HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by greasemonkey View Post
    My gf car just came limping home. I pulled these codes. It revs up to about 2000rpm and stays there and barely makes it to 20km/hr. Anyone familiar with what this may be? Thanks.
    Code P0700....Transmission Control System Malfunction,

What does this mean,
    The Transmission Control Module (TCM) monitors the malfunction of sensors and actuators relating to transmission control. When the TCM detects a malfunction with the control, a signal is send to the Engine Control Module (ECM) to trigger the Engine Light or Service Engine Soon light. The ECM stores the P0700 code and it means the TCM detected a malfunction with the transmission controls.

Symptom,
    - Drive-ability problems - Transmission Shifting Problems

Causes,
    - Shorted or open circuit within Transmission Control Module (TCM) - Failure of Transmission Control Module

Code P0705.....Transmission Range Sensor Circuit malfunction (PRNDL Input)

What does this mean,
    -The park/neutral position (PNP) switch includes a transmission range switch. The transmission range switch detects the selector lever position when the shift lever is in the N or P shift position and sends a signal to the Transmission Control Module (TCM).

Symptoms
    Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)

Causes
    -Open or short park/neutral position switch circuit - Poor park/neutral position switch circuit connection - Misadjusted park/neutral position switch - Park/neutral position switch may be faulty The Error code is generally activated on detection of the following conditions: The Transmission range switch detects the selector lever position and sends a signal to the TCM.
    Last edited by MADS99; 06-19-2012 at 08:00 PM.
    99" SILVERADO
    5.3 l BLACK BEAR TUNE l 3.73
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

I found the problem. In the console there is a small spring that holds the shift lever against the various switches (park switch, neutral, etc.) It was broken allowing the lever to vibrate on and off the switch which made the computer think there were random gear changes going on. Luckily it was a $2 repair. Thanks for the help BTW.

2008 GMC Sierra SLE - CCSB, 4x4, 4.8. Magnaflow exhaust. CCM 2.5" level, 285/70/17 Goodyears, 6.5" PIAA lights behind the grille, custom keyed paint

I found the problem. In the console there is a small spring that holds the shift lever against the various switches (park switch, neutral, etc.) It was broken allowing the lever to vibrate on and off the switch which made the computer think there were random gear changes going on. Luckily it was a $2 repair. Thanks for the help BTW.
    Were did you find the spring? I am having the same problem but refuse to pay a dealer over $200.00 for the hole shift assembly just to get a spring. So far I have not had much luck finding the spring though.

X

Hey Xpdite did you ever findout how to replace that spring; I think I have the same issue.
    Joe

Hey grease monkey how do you repace that spring; can you provide some quick instructions?
    Thanks,
    Joe

Grease Monkey how do you replace the spring; can you supply some quick instructions.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Xpdite View Post
    Were did you find the spring? I am having the same problem but refuse to pay a dealer over $200.00 for the hole shift assembly just to get a spring. So far I have not had much luck finding the spring though.

X
    Hey Xpdite did you ever findout how to replace that spring; I think I have the same issue.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by jojorisen View Post
    Joe
    I did manager to rebuild the spring. I was unable to locate a spring the same size and with sufficient tension. Thankfully for me when I took it apart it was just the hook that was broken on the end of the spring. I got some wire that is used to hang pictures at Canadian Tire and just made a new loop. Works well but it end up that this was not my only problem. Fixing the spring did not fix the slaming into gear on occasion or where the car would not shift properly. That ended up being the Neutral / Park sensor. Part cost $85 From a GM dealer and had a third party mechanic install it for $200.00
    That seems to have resolved my issue for now.

X

Well thanks. Was gonna start a new thread, but this was the top thread in this section.

My mom and dads Optra has the same codes. This thread saved my dad from buying a new TCM. We will be checking out hte spring now. Stellar!
    DD -07 Illverado, 5.3, Airaid, 2" Procomp level, HID projectors, LED in/out, colormatched ext/int, chrome 20s on 275/55, 15% over factory, rollpan, RST spoiler, lots of mods
    GONE - 05 Yukon XL - ex took me for it
    Project - 94 S10 Blazer 4x4, 3+3, 33s on 17s, 880watt system, tint, HID, mods+