If you are not able to login to the forum, please Contact Us here to let us know. Thanks!

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

spider injector upgrade?

This is a discussion on spider injector upgrade? within the Performance forums, part of the General Discussion category; Hey guys!! I have a 98 chevy 5.7 Z71 auto. I was wondering if anyone has the part # for ...

spider injector upgrade?

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    Hey guys!!
    I have a 98 chevy 5.7 Z71 auto. I was wondering if anyone has the part # for the spider injector upgrade? or where to buy it from? Im sure GM will be $$$$$ but you never know.. Any help would be great..

Tom

Re: spider injector upgrade?

I have the part number, but will have to look it up. Someone else will probably beat me to it. I bought mine from my local dealership for $268.00. It lists for close to $400.00. Do some investigating before your purchase. It is a GM part only.
    Last edited by MOChev; 09-15-2006 at 12:30 AM.

The injector assembly part # is: 93441235

Not sure about the gasket part#, If you search there are several threads with the part#'s in them. I think I paid $260.00 total on Ebay for mine.
    '96 K1500 Ext. Cab, 5.7 w/Upgraded Spider Injectors, S&B CAI, 6" RCD, Flipped BJ's, 35" BFG M/T's On Ultra Xtreme's, Yukon 4.56's & True-Trac, Dual Flow 40's, Wet Okoles, Line-Xhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/1281046/1 Sig By alphaecho4386

Did you guys notice any improvment in idle,power and fuel economy? Mine seems to have all gone south!! I have done cap,rotor,plugs,wires and it helped but not alot? I misfire on the back 4 cylinders. not all the time but most!!

What is the upgrade and what does it do?
    1997 Chevy Z71 Ext. Cab Short box, 350, comp cam, e-tec 200 heads, Cloyes true roller, 1.6 harland sharp rockers, Whipple blower. HD aluminum radiator and electric fans. Headers and exhaust. Fast chips custom tune. Built 4l60e. 2500 TCI Breakaway converter. B&M tranny cooler. Kicker audio.

The original design injector assembly utilized a poppet valve injector at the intake port. These poppet valve are prone to problems, such as leakage or failure to properly open. The new design injector assembly has actual injectors instead of the poppets. If you are not experiencing problems, I wouldn't be too concerned with the upgrade. I recently upgrading because I performed some other mods and work. I didn't want to have any issues later on.

1972 Chevy Beauville Diamond Jim's Avatar

Actually the dealership is the best place to get the improved spider assembly. Its comes under Fed emmissions regulations, (the state of California sued GM about the old one failing and won)so the dealership price is about as low as you can find, plus you know you ae getting a new one. For the people in California, if you own one check it out you may qualify for a free replacement at a dealers.

No difference in performance between them as long as both are working properly. But if you go with certain mods the new spider can take a lot more fuel pressure. More fuel pressure can give you more power, but it can also give you idle, and daily driving problems. Nothing is free.

Unless you are having problems, need to replace the intake gasket, or doing the heavy mods, I wouldn't bother. Under the emmission regulation, any emmision part has to be available from the manufacturer for 10 years after the last vehicle was made that used them. IIRC that would be some of the 2001 Chevy/GMC vans, so they will be available for a while.
    Diamond Jim
    98 Burb, 5.7L, 2500LS, 4X4; 80 GMC 383, , Long bed; 74 Dually Flatbed 350; 73 Short bed 350 4X4; 41 Chevy Master Deluxe, 327/375hp Rochester FI; 89 Fleetwood Bounder, 2 ton Chevy Chassis, 454/TH425