GM Inside - Ford Inside - Ford Ranger - Jeep - American Muscle

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

x-pipe on nbs 99 5.3 extcab z71

This is a discussion on x-pipe on nbs 99 5.3 extcab z71 within the Performance forums, part of the General Discussion category; Is there anybody on here that is running an x-pipe on a nbs pickup w/o relocating the gas tank. Anybody ...

x-pipe on nbs 99 5.3 extcab z71

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    Is there anybody on here that is running an x-pipe on a nbs pickup w/o relocating the gas tank. Anybody got pics? Anybody else running anykind of offroad pipe on the nbs? Post som sound clips or something.
    Thanks
    -Steven-
    99 z71 LT X-Cab: HPP3, AEM intake, poweraid TBspacer, TB Bypass mod, BBK TB,Jet 1st-2nd & 4th gear servo, Grannatelli MAF sensor, Flowmaster si/do muff, full audio/video system, 18" helo maxx6 w/ nitto terra grapplers, all clear lenses, and some more cool stuff

Re: x-pipe on nbs 99 5.3 extcab z71

I don't see why you would have to relocate the gas tank. I have true duals on mine without the x-pipe and they both run side-by-side down the passenger side of the truck where the stock exhaust runs.
    2009 Silverado Ext. Cab Vortec Max 4x4
    2.5" Total Performance Leveling kit, 5% Tint
    Mods to come(some day): 8" Suspension & 35x14.5 Iroks, 4.88 Yukons, Detroit True Trac, LTs and Magnaflow muffler, Blackbear Tune

Why would you 2 exhaust pipes side by side like that when you have an extra 8-10 inches or more of pipe on one? especially w/o an x-pipe, that just robs power w/o equalization of flow, and doesn't sound as nice because the 2 exhaust pulses are fighting each other, firing on different times.
    Also I want it setup like the mustangs and corvettes with the x-pipe running along the center.
    -Steven-
    Last edited by s1795so2; 11-07-2006 at 09:52 PM.
    99 z71 LT X-Cab: HPP3, AEM intake, poweraid TBspacer, TB Bypass mod, BBK TB,Jet 1st-2nd & 4th gear servo, Grannatelli MAF sensor, Flowmaster si/do muff, full audio/video system, 18" helo maxx6 w/ nitto terra grapplers, all clear lenses, and some more cool stuff

That is just how the exhaust shop I took it to did it. This is also how every other true dual setup I have seen on the NBS trucks has been done. I am planning on adding a H-pipe but didn't have the money at the time I had the exhaust put on. I am also going to get the glasspacks off of it, but once again the reason I got them is because they were cheap. It is just a process I am going through to get it where I am going.
    I honestly don't see how you are going to get the x pipe in the center without a lot of fab work.
    2009 Silverado Ext. Cab Vortec Max 4x4
    2.5" Total Performance Leveling kit, 5% Tint
    Mods to come(some day): 8" Suspension & 35x14.5 Iroks, 4.88 Yukons, Detroit True Trac, LTs and Magnaflow muffler, Blackbear Tune

I honestly don't see how you are going to get the x pipe in the center without a lot of fab work.
    Yeah me neither, but nothing is impossible. I am sorry I wasn't trying to diss on your setup, if you took it that way. I did glass packs on my first exhaust setup and they didn't sound t bad. I am running a si/do flowmaster and about to order longtube pacesetters and off-road y-pipe. Then add a cam, it should sound badaz when I get through w/ it tho. Have you got any sound clips of yours?
    -Steven-

You run both pipes down the passengers side. Its the only real world way of doing it unless you want to put a fuel cell in the bed or something like that to get the tank out of the way.
    1995 Silverado - ported vortec heads, 4L80E, efans, LT4 Hot Cam, Rear disc brake conversion w/drilled and slotted rotors
    1999 NBS Silverdo - transgo HD2 shift kit, 3 inch dynomax ultra flow, Ford keys and 305/70-16 Mickey ATZs