If you are not able to login to the forum, please Contact Us here to let us know. Thanks!

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Fastest stock truck?

This is a discussion on Fastest stock truck? within the Performance forums, part of the General Discussion category; I was just curious, I hear all sorts off people saying Hemi's beat Chevy's, the Titan can beat the Hemi, ...

Didn't know what to type. Firestrike87's Avatar

Fastest stock truck?

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    I was just curious, I hear all sorts off people saying Hemi's beat Chevy's, the Titan can beat the Hemi, but what is the fastest stock 4X4. This excludes like the SS, and Lightning, but for a stock 4 wheel drive truck, which is supposed to be the fastest in the quarter mile or 0-60?

1997 Z71 | 6" BDS | 35x12.5 M/T Baja Claws | 15X10 Classic II | Flowmaster 40 Series | 5.7 Vortec | 4L60E | 3:73
    Check out my Cardomain site for pics - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1833894

2007 Honda CBR600rr | Pearl White

go hard or go home

Re: Fastest stock truck?

hemi is tops !!!! speaking from seeing them race quadcab hemi beat titan extcab both 4wd and also my 04 silverado with a 5.3 and then beat a 6.0 reg cab long bed hd so ive seen the hemi win over and over ill get those hemi bastards someday lol
    new:2005 regcab longbed 2500hd duramax,ppe tuned,s&b more to come
    totaled hit a moose: 2005 gmc 2500hd, 4wd, 6.0, 4l80e, reg cab, long bed , 285 m/t's, intake ,and blackbear tuned
    sold: 2004 ecsb 4wd silverado,super 40 flow
    aem style intake , tbar crank 1.5in 285-70-17 terra grapplers

Quote Originally Posted by turbogunz
    hemi is tops !!!! speaking from seeing them race quadcab hemi beat titan extcab both 4wd and also my 04 silverado with a 5.3 and then beat a 6.0 reg cab long bed hd so ive seen the hemi win over and over ill get those hemi bastards someday lol

I had to read that 3 times before understanding what you were trying to say.

Ive always heard it like this

Hemi=#1
    Titan=#2
    chevy=#3
    ford=#4
    Last edited by Danielson; 11-24-2006 at 07:02 PM.
    TBI-MAX IS A SCUMBAG WHO RIPS PEOPLE OFF

......................... Atomic's Avatar

isnt the srt10 optional 4 wheel drive?...

go hard or go home

haha sorry about my wording ...lol.....but u got it right
    hemi
    titian
    chevy
    ford
    new:2005 regcab longbed 2500hd duramax,ppe tuned,s&b more to come
    totaled hit a moose: 2005 gmc 2500hd, 4wd, 6.0, 4l80e, reg cab, long bed , 285 m/t's, intake ,and blackbear tuned
    sold: 2004 ecsb 4wd silverado,super 40 flow
    aem style intake , tbar crank 1.5in 285-70-17 terra grapplers

Quote Originally Posted by v6chevyoffroad
    I had to read that 3 times before understanding what you were trying to say.

Ive always heard it like this

Hemi=#1
    Titan=#2
    chevy=#4
    ford=#5
    Damn I think I need to go back to school... I thought 3 came after 2?
    2006 Silverado 1500LT CrewCab 5.3L
    Outlaw intake, Magnaflow Catback, 4.10 gears, Street tune by Anti-Venom
    Fabtech 7" Crossmember lift, M/T Classic 18x10's, Nitto TG 325/60/18 (33X12.50)

hemieater

im not all sure about that order.. ive seen titans, both crew and ext.cab 4x4's running low 7's to 60. the last time i saw an ext.cab hemi ram run 60 was 8.2 to 60. now if u put a reg/cab short bed hemi, ud run numbers like that. my truck STOCK ran a 7.7 to 60. i only know that because i have a g-tech meter in my truck.

Quote Originally Posted by TampaCCSB
    Damn I think I need to go back to school... I thought 3 came after 2?

Oh no i messed up. Now you made me feel bad Im super serial

Anyone know what an 8.1 chevy will do against a hemi? I do know the hemi's are fast but ive heard they dont haul a load any better than a 6.0
    01 gmc 2500hd ecsb. Duramax, suncoast stage IV, EFI live, Edge Insight CTS, raptor lift pump, Eaton E-locker up front. Single stack, 20" kmc rockstars wrapped in 305/55/20 coopers zeons.

Please don't crucify me, I'm not trying to be biased here, but the Titan is the fastest stock truck of the lists provided above. Their HP and torque ratings are amongst the highest and the Titan also has the lowest driveline loss of any of the 1/2 ton trucks on the market. The Titan is also not the heaviest truck as well. On top of that, the Endurance engine is underrated for what it puts out stock. Dyno tests are showing higher numbers than what is advertised. The Endurance has alot of potential for more power to be pulled out of it. Nissan is keeping a tight lid on the codes to tune it. Independent companies are just starting to crack the codes. Nissan is notorious for underrating their engines.

Now, if you don't believe me, or don't want to believe the above information, that's your choice. But there is quite a bit of info on other sites to back it up. There are raw real world numbers and experiences that paint this picture true. Mods are still somewhat limited for the Titan, and they will come in time. But until then, the Big 3 have that advantage and have the capabilities of doing more.

Titans are quick but Ive heard there rearends are kinda weak.

The early Titans, 2004 and some 2005 models, had some issues. A few Titan forums have compiled a list of rear end failures and 63 is the number of reported failures that they show. I don't have the number from the other site. There have been 78 complaints put into the NHTSA as well. Most of these are from the 2004 model year and a few from the 2005 model year. Not alot compared to the 90,000 or so that Nissan hase built in each year. None have been reported for 2006. Apparently, Nissan started putting in a new rearend mid year 2005 or 2006. Nothing Nissan announced, just a quiet change to fix the problem. Also, you do know that Nissan does not build the rear end right? It's a Dana rear end.

So yes, Nissan did have a problem with the rearends, but not as wide spread as some would think. Nissan has warrantied them and has, hopefully, fixed the problem. Another problem they had were front brake problems in the 2004 and early build 2005's. They remedied that problem and went the distance. Larger rotors and new pads on the fronts, machined the rears and new pads on the rears. On top of that, Nissan gives you a 3 year unlimited mileage warranty on the brakes!!! Personally, I think Nissan stepped up to the plate on this one. They goofed and made up for it. Too small of rotors seem to be a common thing amongst all the full size truck manufacturers.
    Last edited by ColoradoTitan; 11-24-2006 at 10:00 PM.

Sorry for the thread jack. I know this thread is all about which truck is the fastest stock. I was responding to the previous comment.

End thread Jack.....

Well ill thread jack once more just curious how much did you pay for your titan? Crewcab,4x4 what options

Syclones were capable of accelerating from 0-60 mph in under 5 seconds and could do a quarter-mile run in about 13 seconds.
    Last edited by 99silveradoguy; 11-24-2006 at 10:18 PM.

- 99 Silverado - retired to spare vehicle
    Black headlights/turnsignals/taillights- 6K HID Low beams, back on stock rims. current project/DD 99 jeep TJ

I picked up a new 2005 Titan Crew Cab 4x4 with the big tow package for $26,500. The big tow package comes with: Class IV hitch and wiring, trans temp guage (Trans cooler as well), Tow mode, large power tow mirrors that slide in and out and I think different shocks for stability. It also came with the package (can't think of the name) with power drivers seat, power sliding (Up/down) back window and power sliding pedals. It also came with the utilitrak system in the bed, spray in bed liner, running boards, Rockford Phosgate stereo system with amp and 10" sub, captains chairs and invisible front bra.
    Last edited by ColoradoTitan; 11-24-2006 at 10:25 PM.

Syclones were also not "stock 4x4" pickups (yes I know they had AWD...its not the same). As specified by the topic starter, trucks like the SS and the Lighting are excluded and I'd say the Syclone definitely is in that group.
    Last edited by tdoyle; 11-24-2006 at 10:27 PM.

Success = Change

The Titan is not faster then a 4WD 6.0L equipped Chevrolet. All you guys are comparing the 5.3L. The vortec max will outrun the HEMI & Titan trucks...not to mention out haul and out pull them. They chevys put down more RWHP and RWTQ stock to the rear then the Dodge and Nissan.

EDIT: Oh and all the other guys better watch out...the new trucks will be dangerous (speed wise)
    Last edited by phatchevy06; 11-24-2006 at 10:28 PM.

1997 Chevy C1500 Project Truck - Click Sig For Build-Up Thread

4/6 dropped Silvy on 22s

Isn't the DURAMAX DIESEL the fastest? I think they can just about EAT anything out there stock.

Success = Change

If he wants to compare diesel platforms...then yeah...the 6.6L will eat anything stock vs stock in the 4WD class.

1997 Chevy C1500 Project Truck - Click Sig For Build-Up Thread

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast