If you are not able to login to the forum, please Contact Us here to let us know. Thanks!

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

Changing from column shift to floor shifter ?`s

This is a discussion on Changing from column shift to floor shifter ?`s within the Performance forums, part of the General Discussion category; Has anyone ever done this ? I`m thinking about building a full length floor console and I`m thinking I want ...

Changing from column shift to floor shifter ?`s

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    Has anyone ever done this ? I`m thinking about building a full length floor console and I`m thinking I want to do a floor mounted shifter as well. Anyone (Hurst, B&M, ???) make a kit to do this in a 97 ? How hard is it to change over on my 4L80 ? I know the column will need to be changed, but is there anything else I might have to change out ?

TIA
    97 C3500 CC 7.4 Vortec Auto
    Pearl White/Candy Red
    Bagged,Cowl Hood, Escy front end, more to come...

04 Dodge 3500 QC SRW Laramie
    Cummins Diesel, Auto
    BDPP stacked w/Edge EZ, 2* timing, Donaldson muffler, BD RFI w/CAI mod

Re: Changing from column shift to floor shifter ?`s

summit racing has 12 floor shifters for a 4l80. they are for street rod apps. but im sure yuo can make something work if you take some measurements.

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...e+shifter&x=33
    Last edited by ToyHauler; 12-12-2006 at 07:09 AM.
    99 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr
    KYB monomax, air lift, tekonosha, reese dual cam, bfg at/ko

87 Firebird, 07 Monte Carlo lt, 98 Bonneville SSE, 04 F550 CC 4wd service body

i have the hurst v-matic 2 in my truck and never had any problems with it....i love it!!
    TireFryr- Built 356ci Ported Accel super ram, Coated LTs,Built 700r4,2800Yenk stall,3.73posi "TractionLess"

I dont mean to sound like an a$$ or nothing but TPI you have all them mods and your only running a measly 14.9????

Sorry for the bump!
    09 Maxima - Daily
    05 350Z - Sunday Funday
    85 C10 - Sons Project

yea thats what happens when you dont have a good tune and your still runnin stock exhaust manifolds and a stock v6 cross pipe thats been smashed flat from the 5-8 drop but that will change this wenter with my longtubes and mayeb a tune!! i have sh*t loads of low end tho i can put on a good smoke show with no use of the brakes!!! should be mid-low 14s come spring

back on track now....i also got my shifter from summit...i guess the only problem i have had is a shift cable bound up and i broke it...but i had it routed wrong under the truck.
    Last edited by tpichevy; 12-12-2006 at 03:08 PM.
    TireFryr- Built 356ci Ported Accel super ram, Coated LTs,Built 700r4,2800Yenk stall,3.73posi "TractionLess"

I`ve always liked that V-matic, and that might work well with what I have in mind. How much of a pain was it to put in TPI ?
    97 C3500 CC 7.4 Vortec Auto
    Pearl White/Candy Red
    Bagged,Cowl Hood, Escy front end, more to come...

04 Dodge 3500 QC SRW Laramie
    Cummins Diesel, Auto
    BDPP stacked w/Edge EZ, 2* timing, Donaldson muffler, BD RFI w/CAI mod

This is All You'll See Boosted-Z71's Avatar

I have a Hurst Dual-GateII in my 98 ex-cab, floor shifter is a great mod, Count on making some brackets, shifter mount and generally just a total custom setup. There are no bolt-in kits that I know of & most of the shifter companies will tell you that xxxx shifter does not fit in a truck, end of conversation.

There are pics of mine in my gallery.

Boosted
    98 Ext Cab Chevy-Z71, 5.7, Built Front to Back. 87 SB 5.7 Vortec / TBi Combo, Getting Faster Everyday

mine was very simple....find out were u want to mount it on the floor, bolt it down and run a few power wires to it... N safty switch and run the shift cable thats it....but i had a 5speed so i didnt have to mess with the colom at all.