If you are not able to login to the forum, please Contact Us here to let us know. Thanks!

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

Tbi-carb'd, adapter plate?

This is a discussion on Tbi-carb'd, adapter plate? within the Performance forums, part of the General Discussion category; Hey guys...It's gonna sound stupid but i wanna run a carb'd motor in my truck. It has the stock tbi ...

I hurt people's feelings! e10pvmnt's Avatar

Tbi-carb'd, adapter plate?

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    Hey guys...It's gonna sound stupid but i wanna run a carb'd motor in my truck. It has the stock tbi 350 in it now. I was wondering if they make a adapter plate to mount a carberautor on a tbi intake manifold? I know i know "why get rid of the tbi system? It's more efficient and better etc." Well for me it's more about ease of maintenence. My old ford was real easy to work on and never had a "Check engine" light come on. So i want basically my trucks body with a c10 powertrain. Cause those are easy'er to work on. So if anyone knows if it's possible to replace the tbi with a carb let me know. Cause this thing is getten on my nerves! Thanks josh.

:fsc:

Curt 1992 chevy 5.7l

Re: Tbi-carb'd, adapter plate?

really your gonna need a crab intake..becuase even though it does not seem it the tbi performs almost as good as a four barrel carb with the fuel flow.... and replacing the tbi two barrel with a two barrel carb would really hurt performance.....at least i think mabey more will chime in and hit me back on this if i am correct....but still i eman why do you not like tbi so what check engine light..at least you know there is something wrong instead of running it till it explodes.....
    92 5.9l full roller,fully forged,scatt crank.AFR 190cc heads,Crane 2032cam,nv3500,S2 6 Puck clutch.Hurst Short Shifter,14-bolt,auburn 4.11.Carbed

I'm bodydropping it and i want to convert it to as little wiring as possible. I'm tired of the expensive ass sensors to replace all the damn time. And with the carb'd motor it'd be real easy to diagnose problems (Least with me it would be) and i just like the ease of the carb'd deal. I get the whole "no check engine light deal" but i'm not usen the dash in it and i'm running custom gauges n it soon. So all that wiring on a b/d truck with 22's and no heat or ac seems like a waiste of time and looks bad. So i'm wanten to convert it to just the bare minimum and don't feel like starten over with another truck. So i was just wondering. I've got an old head, intake and dist from my old c10 i might clean'em up and throw them on there. Maybe. But thatnks for the help bro.

Curt 1992 chevy 5.7l

no problem i mean no joke a real good intake carb setup is a huge power house way to go ..i mean like you said you do not have a/c..heat..ect so i eman if you like a litte rough idle....but if done write yes you will get more power....you will need if i am not wrong a different cam to cuase that is a fuel injected cam.....you can keed the heads you have now unless you like the other ones you have....spend the 100 bucks on a good intake like airgap and put a good carb on it and you will have a decent setup...
    92 5.9l full roller,fully forged,scatt crank.AFR 190cc heads,Crane 2032cam,nv3500,S2 6 Puck clutch.Hurst Short Shifter,14-bolt,auburn 4.11.Carbed

Yeah i am thinking while it's getten b/d (hopefully freaken soon) i may just go ahead and redo the motor. Get it all done at once while it's apart and i don't rely on it daily. Thanks for the help bro. I work in an auto parts store so if i ever get some free time i'll see what i can look up. Thanks again bro.

Hey,

You've been replacing sensors??? I beat the living crap out of my 91 and now its being redone (hence the name). I have NEVER replaced a sensor in the truck...it had 540000 km on it when I took if off the road, and I got it a 343000km. You must have had some bad luck. I was also pulling off 21mpg without getting into the motor...just air and spark parts. The TBI works, but getting it to make some power takes some research...and throwing most of the stock top end in the dumpster. Good luck!