If you are not able to login to the forum, please Contact Us here to let us know. Thanks!

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

454 TB on Carb Vortec Intake

This is a discussion on 454 TB on Carb Vortec Intake within the Performance forums, part of the General Discussion category; I just realized this weekend that the tbi/carb adapter is cut for a 350 tb and the 454 throttle blades ...

454 TB on Carb Vortec Intake

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    I just realized this weekend that the tbi/carb adapter is cut for a 350 tb and the 454 throttle blades actually hit the adapter.
    SO, what is the quick fix here? Do I buy a 454 TB spacer or should I go ahead and try to bore out the adapter?
    I know a couple guys here run a 454 TB on their small block, so what did you guys do?
    95 Chevy 2wd TBI Vortec 350 5spd. *Ultimate Budget Engine Swap*
    Engine: 98 4-bolt Vortec 350|Scat Crank|LT4 Production Cam|1.6 Proform Full Roller Rockers|Edelbrock EPS Intake|454 Throttle Body|Hedman Elite 69840 LT|ZOOM Perfection Clutch|Custom Tune by TBIChips

98 ecsb 4x4 38" TSLs

Re: 454 TB on Carb Vortec Intake

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChevy17
    I just realized this weekend that the tbi/carb adapter is cut for a 350 tb and the 454 throttle blades actually hit the adapter.
    SO, what is the quick fix here? Do I buy a 454 TB spacer or should I go ahead and try to bore out the adapter?
    I know a couple guys here run a 454 TB on their small block, so what did you guys do?
    It would be ideal to bore out the intake manifold and spacer to the same size as the TBI you are using.
    Last edited by Biggreentank; 10-20-2008 at 12:47 PM.
    1994 K1500 Z71

Quote Originally Posted by Biggreentank
    It would be ideal to bore out the intake manifold and spacer to the same size as the TBI you are using.
    Yeah, the intake has to be bored anyway. I don't like the way it mates to the tbi. Guess I'll cut the adapter too. So what other mods will I have to make to fit this big b@$t@rd to my engine? Anything else I should be aware of ahead of time? I feel like I'm walking down a dark alley and can tell the guy behind me is about to shank me...

What would be ideal would be to have the upper plenum filled and custom cut for a 454 tbi.
    Engine: 98 4-bolt Vortec 350|Scat Crank|LT4 Production Cam|1.6 Proform Full Roller Rockers|Edelbrock EPS Intake|454 Throttle Body|Hedman Elite 69840 LT|ZOOM Perfection Clutch|Custom Tune by TBIChips

98 ecsb 4x4 38" TSLs

Just found this today. http://www.turbocity.com/product_inf...products_id=13
    It's a 454 TB adapter plate for carb manifold. Has the lower gasket trimmed as well.
    Now to decide if I want a spacer above or below the adapter plate. Can buy a pheno or wood carb spacer (easier to trim) or try to find a good TB spacer that wont take 2 weeks to ship out.
    Either way I still have to trim the manifold.

98 ecsb 4x4 38" TSLs