If you are not able to login to the forum, please Contact Us here to let us know. Thanks!

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

Best aftermarket cam for a stock 350 vortec EFI

This is a discussion on Best aftermarket cam for a stock 350 vortec EFI within the Performance forums, part of the General Discussion category; I have a 1997 Cheverolet silverado 1500 z71. It is a ext cab (3 door) shortbed. I have the FIPK ...

Best aftermarket cam for a stock 350 vortec EFI

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    I have a 1997 Cheverolet silverado 1500 z71. It is a ext cab (3 door) shortbed. I have the FIPK K@N Intake system as far as anything bolt on and thats it. I am looking to get some more power out of it. I am really wanting to put in a aftermarket cam along with the headers I am getting ready to install. Could anyone give me some ideas about a good cam that will work in this engine. Considering the fact it is a EFI it may mess with some things. Thanks

Re: Best aftermarket cam for a stock 350 vortec EFI

Where abouts in Kansas are you? I'm in the KC area, in Overland Park or what some call the Shawnee Mission area.

Anywho the stock Vortec cam is pretty decent makes great low end torque which is what a truck needs. Maybe try getting the upper and lower intakes and heads ported; i'd say LT1 top end equipment would be a step up but I don't know for sure if it'll bolt up without complications. You're already getting headers, i'd assume you're getting longtubes and adding a mandrel bent true duals with a crosover which will help a lot especially with a built motor. Also try some 4.10 gears if you haven't already, the best performance part you can get for the money, guaranteed to work it's not a gamble like a lot of performance items.

95 Sierra C1500 SL
    99 Suburban K1500 LT

S/C Z71

LT4 or ZZ4. The LT1 cam is a waste of time in a 350 vortec.

Im looking at a cam in the near future too. Im pretty much decided on a lunati voodoo cam
    96 Z71- duals, Wheatley Tune, Ceramic Manifolds, Custom Intake, Ranchhands
    01 Hoe- Kenwood, MB Bruzers,

Registered User Busted Knuckles's Avatar

Watch lift closely so you don't go beyond the supposed limit of .480 or so. And I'd swap springs with ANY cam swap. You can buy the LT-4 used in perfect shape for $50 - $75, use the difference between that and an aftermarket cam to buy new springs.

S/C Z71

Quote Originally Posted by Busted Knuckles
    And I'd swap springs with ANY cam swap.
    with bee-hive's.