If you are not able to login to the forum, please Contact Us here to let us know. Thanks!

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

crane cams 114142 and 993 heads on stock tune

This is a discussion on crane cams 114142 and 993 heads on stock tune within the Performance forums, part of the General Discussion category; okay i put togather a 355 with with 993 2.02 heads and a cranes powermax cam 114142, adv. duration of ...

crane cams 114142 and 993 heads on stock tune

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    okay i put togather a 355 with with 993 2.02 heads and a cranes powermax cam 114142, adv. duration of 272 int and 284 ex and lift of .454int and .480 ex with macthing springs. Slapped down in a 88 chevy 1500 and runs good but no low end grunt . i put the injection and stock manifold on it and like stated runs good just no low end balls. i fear i put to much cam in for a 5000 pound truck with highway gears. my question is would it becheaper to put the stock cam back in or gear and try and get it tuned. maybe slap a carb and old stlye intake back on. the truck is not anything special just need at least stock pulling power out of the hole. maybe some tricks like turing up fuel pressure? the tune and injection is %100 stock any help would be greatly apreciated

Re: crane cams 114142 and 993 heads on stock tune

Is it auto? If so, why not stall it? Just an idea

Re: crane cams 114142 and 993 heads on stock tune

ya trying to do it as cheap as possible, i think it would be fine with a gear,tune,and maybe a stall. the cam is striat up on icl so i might try advanceing it 4 degrees. if that don't help i will just throw the factory cam in with 1.6 rockers and hopefully that will take away the need for a tune and gears. had the other cam sitting around out of a tpi motor thought it was probly to big i guess now i know lol