***Login to the Forum here ***

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

EGR delete

This is a discussion on EGR delete within the Performance forums, part of the General Discussion category; I am building a 383 vortec stroker and I prchased a edlebrock rpm performer intake for vortec heads (4barrel) vortec ...

"Sleeperado"

EGR delete

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    I am building a 383 vortec stroker and I prchased a edlebrock rpm performer intake for vortec heads (4barrel) vortec swap. My truck is a 1990 model with the 350 tbi and I plan to beef up the throttle body and see what I can do with it leaving it fuel injected. The intake I bought has no egr spot which is what I wanted. There is nothing going to the exhaust for the egress valve and the smog pump was long gone. Do I need a tune to let the engine not freak out over the egr delete? Or is that a vacuum thing... if I got the wrong idea lemme know how that thing works so I can understand what has to be done.

Re: EGR delete

You will need a tune and buy a SB TB that has been bored 2" and you will need lager injectors. I started my first TBI 383 build 7 years ago and then went to TPI 3 years ago.

383 with no Manners or Respect

94 EXCSB 4x4,383 TPI gone back to TBI, Custom Grind cam- 468/495lift 222/236 @ 50 114 LSA,Marine TBI Heads 2.02/1.60 ported/ polished, 10:1 comp, Headman LT headers,Tuned, built 4L60E

"Sleeperado"

Tell me your tpi set up and how much power you got.

TPI made a little less power than the TBI but she made the power quicker with the TPI

383 with no Manners or Respect

94 EXCSB 4x4,383 TPI gone back to TBI, Custom Grind cam- 468/495lift 222/236 @ 50 114 LSA,Marine TBI Heads 2.02/1.60 ported/ polished, 10:1 comp, Headman LT headers,Tuned, built 4L60E