If you are not able to login to the forum, please Contact Us here to let us know. Thanks!

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

96-98 EGR Delete?

This is a discussion on 96-98 EGR Delete? within the Exhaust forums, part of the Performance category; I am doing a SAS soon and when I do I want to put long tubes on. I want to ...

96-98 EGR Delete?

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    I am doing a SAS soon and when I do I want to put long tubes on. I want to put a set of older long tubes on (since they run less than $100) and do away with my EGR. Is this possible? If so what do I need to do. I plan on welding in fittings for O2 sensors. Thanks in advance. I realize there is probably a thread on this already, if so sorry.

1998 Chevy K1500 Z71, 350 Vortec
    Mods: Exaust, 3 in Body Lift,
    Toyo A/T 305x70R16
    Soon to come: Straight axle conversion with dana 44 front/GM 14 bolt rear 8 lug all around.

Re: 96-98 EGR Delete?

You can delete EGR, but you will need to tine the PCM to keep the SES light from illuminating.

You could also quite easily weld an EGR bung onto the drivers side primary tube and retain EGR.
    I noticed a drop in fuel economy when I disabled EGR.

I installed my O2 sensors in the headpipes just after the collectors of teh headers. that way I idnt have to disturb the cermaic coating of my headers.

Be prepared to buy some O2 sensor wiring extensions. I wish I would have done so on my truck. Whatever you do, dont lenthen the O2 sesnor pigtails themselves, always lengthen the wiring hraness on teh truck. Cutting and splicing the O2 sensor wires themselves will cause errouneous O2 sensor readings.

peace
    Pauly
    97 GMC 2wd RCSB 5.7, s10 2700 footstall, Hooker 24621hkr LT's , 2.5" cats dual 4"pipes exit B4 pass. side tire, custom driveshaft 3.42 G80 FIPK MAF descreen GM/Mercruiser Marine intake manifold 29lb LS2(EV6) injectors Ed Wright PCM(best mod), LT4 KM 14.8@94mph 2.007 4000lbs 122mph

Ok thanks that was exactly what i was looking for. I already have a SES light so thats no biggie and i'm not sure my gas mileage could get any lower. Thanks

1998 Chevy K1500 Z71, 350 Vortec
    Mods: Exaust, 3 in Body Lift,
    Toyo A/T 305x70R16
    Soon to come: Straight axle conversion with dana 44 front/GM 14 bolt rear 8 lug all around.

where can you get the wireing extentions?

1997 K1500 Built vortec 355
    transbuilderguy built 4L65E, yank, 14 bolt

Quote Originally Posted by james_8997
    where can you get the wireing extentions?

Summit and Jegs both carry them,but this place seems to be the cheapest I've found, anyone ever deal with them?

http://currentperformance.com/Access...iring_acc.html