If you are not able to login to the forum, please Contact Us here to let us know. Thanks!

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

HPtuners or Jet Performance Dynamic Spectrum Tuner Programmer

This is a discussion on HPtuners or Jet Performance Dynamic Spectrum Tuner Programmer within the Port Injection (96+ / OBD-II) forums, part of the Performance category; i want to know witch one would be better for my truck HPtuners or the Jet Performance Dynamic Spectrum Tuner ...

HPtuners or Jet Performance Dynamic Spectrum Tuner Programmer

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    i want to know witch one would be better for my truck HPtuners or the Jet Performance Dynamic Spectrum Tuner Programmer.
    witch one would be better

98 k1500 5.7 Magnaflow exhaust BBK 80 mm throttle body AEM brute force CAI nelson performance tune 93 octane RC 6" 285/70/17 BFG KM2 4 14 bolt sf disk brakes 4l60e fully built

Re: HPtuners or Jet Performance Dynamic Spectrum Tuner Programmer

bump

98 k1500 5.7 Magnaflow exhaust BBK 80 mm throttle body AEM brute force CAI nelson performance tune 93 octane RC 6" 285/70/17 BFG KM2 4 14 bolt sf disk brakes 4l60e fully built

Cant tell much much about the jet product but my guess would be hp tuners, I have hp tuners and its awsome, i can also tune other vehicles so thats always a major plus. With hp tuners you also have the option to upgrade to the 411 pcm which I did, it wasn't hard and my truck already ran better with the 411 without any extra tuning.
    Praise JESUS!!!! 98 1500 scsb lowered, cowl hood, roll pan, shaved molding, tailgate handle and antena. 305 vortec , electric fans, 411 pcm swap, hp tuners, 117 shot n20, 4l80e . Super slow

EFILive sorry chompers ;)
    98 silverado 4wd 3.73gears,5.7l,headers,under drive pulleys,78mm ported and polished tb, k&n fipk,catback, zz4 cam, roller rockers, lt4 valve springs, 411 swap tuning by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Rebel View Post
    fsc demo derby time. Would've been a better disposal system than the Cash4Clunkers BS

with HP tuners what all can u do with

411 pcm swap and hptuners. what can you do? everything.
    37X13X15 BOGGERS FOR SALE

" I measure with my DICK!!!" - Thad Castle

how hard is it to use

idk your tuning capabilities but do ALOT and i mean ALOT of reading and others can post up "base" tunes for improvement. you can use one of their base tunes and fine tune it from there (trial and error sorta thing) between my trailblazer, my buddys tahoe and formula we are tuning and retuning everyday

EFILive is GM only and I feel is superior to HPTuners for that fact when it comes to GM. Given you guys can do other manufacturers, Chevy,Ford,Dodge. You dont have to do a swap as being that yours is a 98, but the real advantage is with the 411. IIRC HP tuners is a lil cheaper but there licensing system is kinda screwy, just my.02 cents.
    98 silverado 4wd 3.73gears,5.7l,headers,under drive pulleys,78mm ported and polished tb, k&n fipk,catback, zz4 cam, roller rockers, lt4 valve springs, 411 swap tuning by me.

fsc demo derby time. Would've been a better disposal system than the Cash4Clunkers BS

Quote Originally Posted by bigtfw2000420 View Post
    how hard is it to use
    There is a pretty steep learning curve to both of them when you get into the Custom operating systems, but for then most part not to bad. Check out there forums and lurk around and do research before you buy a system. To the OP is there a reason you didnt ask about EFILive, just curious?
    Last edited by haulinit; 08-18-2009 at 05:16 PM.

the price for efi live is out of my price range i still have to buy my exhaust and gears so i can put 35/12.50/17

Quote Originally Posted by haulinit View Post
    EFILive is GM only and I feel is superior to HPTuners for that fact when it comes to GM. Given you guys can do other manufacturers, Chevy,Ford,Dodge. You dont have to do a swap as being that yours is a 98, but the real advantage is with the 411. IIRC HP tuners is a lil cheaper but there licensing system is kinda screwy, just my.02 cents.
    i can agree the real increase in performance is with the swap even justin from blackbear said that the 411 is so much faster than the black box and makes the vehicle run smoother. as for hptuners not being as good as efilive for GM? all we have tuned is GMs and have had great success. the latest has been a supersharged 4.8. we have never had any troubles with the licensing either. hptuners ftw!