***Login to the Forum here ***

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

Vortec CSFI to MPFI conversion

This is a discussion on Vortec CSFI to MPFI conversion within the Port Injection (96+ / OBD-II) forums, part of the Performance category; Has anyone done this swap? I have only found one company that does this conversion? theautoshop.net/VortecMPFI.htm . Are there any ...

Vortec CSFI to MPFI conversion

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    Has anyone done this swap? I have only found one company that does this conversion? theautoshop.net/VortecMPFI.htm .

Are there any other companies that have a similar kit? I am building a 383 stroker for my 96 Chevy Express conversion van 1500. I know the spider injectors are a problem area and I want to upgrade it while everything is out!!! Any info is greatly appreciated!!!
    Chuck

Re: Vortec CSFI to MPFI conversion

All you need is a replacement spider. You can get them from AutoZone, Carquest, dealer, etc. Bought mine from AZ. GP Sorenson with Delphi injectors. Works great.

I have read that the factory spider is prone to failure? The MPFI conversion will give you better performance and economy and is more reliable. This is for a 383 stroker also. I just don't want to have to replace something down the road that I can do now.

This PDF file shows how to unstick stock poppets and how to install the MPFI conversion.

http://members.shaw.ca/betterthanyou...g%20Poppet.htm

The MPFI and CSFI spiders flow teh same amount of fuel 23.1 lb/hr at 62psi of fuel pressure, though they may be more reliable.

peace
    PAuly
    97 GMC 2wd RCSB 5.7, s10 2700 footstall, Hooker 24621hkr LT's , 2.5" cats dual 4"pipes exit B4 pass. side tire, custom driveshaft 3.42 G80 FIPK MAF descreen GM/Mercruiser Marine intake manifold 29lb LS2(EV6) injectors Ed Wright PCM(best mod), LT4 KM 14.8@94mph 2.007 4000lbs 122mph

I did it on my 97 I got the injector assembly from orielly auto parts. Cost close to $300 but I feel it was worth it.

i checked ebay from time to time and found a damn good deal on a new set.....also found a good deal on a used set for the wife's xtreme

Don't Bitch About Mistakes, Learn From Them!

Transmission built by Transbuilderguy
    0411 PCM SWAP!

I thought I was going to be needing one and found where some one suggested this injector kit at rockauto part# FJ10566. I don't have to get it now but plan to do it in the future as an upgrade. Good price too $289 and it's manufactured by Delphi.

Sub'd.
    -Brandon
    2006 Super Black Nissan Altima SE-R
    1996 Chevrolet Suburban LT (work in progess)
    1981 Chevrolet Silverado RCLB (heh, try me)
    team driven!