***Login to the Forum here ***

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

Auto /manual neutral safety switch wiring

This is a discussion on Auto /manual neutral safety switch wiring within the Transmission Tuning. forums, part of the Performance category; Just finished swaping out my 4L60E and replaced it with a 89 5Speed , Does anyone know the wiring diagram ...

Auto /manual neutral safety switch wiring

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    Just finished swaping out my 4L60E and replaced it with a 89 5Speed , Does anyone know the wiring diagram or something for the neutral safety switch for the swap , I put in my clutch pedal and there Is a 2 Wire Harness that plugs into the clutch pedal,(When i took the pedal I also cut the wires off and took it with the pedal ) Its the neutral Safety Switch , But where do i wire that too. also there are 2 Switches that are on the drivers side of the Tranny, 1 Is the Speed Sensor ( which i got pluged in) and i dont know what the other is for Does anyone know. ? It is about 6-10" towards the front of the tranny from the speed sensor. it is only like a 2 or 3 wire switch.

Re: Auto /manual neutral safety switch wiring

the other one is the backup lamps switch.

for the clutch start switch, Are they yellow and purple?
    if so yellow goes to ignition switch and purple goes to the 5 amp crank fuze on the fuze box.
    Not sure how the 4l60e auto was wired up for the park/neutral safety switch.
    Last edited by NEUMANNZZ; 08-30-2008 at 08:50 PM.
    O2 GMC RCSB 4.8L V8 AUTO 3.73's
    rebuilt/beefed up 4L60E(at 43,000miles)
    Matching Ninja 500r

Quote Originally Posted by NEUMANNZZ
    the other one is the backup lamps switch.

for the clutch start switch, Are they yellow and purple?
    if so yellow goes to ignition switch and purple goes to the 5 amp crank fuze on the fuze box.
    Not sure how the 4l60e auto was wired up for the park/neutral safety switch.
    thats what i thought that was the backup. now how will i go about wiring that up? i still have the 89 4.3 motor with full wiring harness . and as for the neutral switch yes the wires are yellow & purple

Thanks
    Last edited by 951500; 08-31-2008 at 03:34 AM.

look for the backup lamp wires for the automatic transmission. should be the same color and the two wire connector.(unless they changed it in the 94-95's). as for the clutch start switch not 100 percent sure if your gonna use pin A of the ignition switch 5 pin connector. there might be a puple wire already connected there that goes to the crank fuze(for automatics). not sure for a 95 though. up to you if you want to install the clutch start switch. never had one on my 66 chevelle. Not sure when gm started installing them(probably in the 70's)
    O2 GMC RCSB 4.8L V8 AUTO 3.73's
    rebuilt/beefed up 4L60E(at 43,000miles)
    Matching Ninja 500r

Quote Originally Posted by NEUMANNZZ
    look for the backup lamp wires for the automatic transmission. should be the same color and the two wire connector.(unless they changed it in the 94-95's).
    yes they changes because the sensor on the manual is only a 2 or 3 wire Conector and all that i have left on my auto wiring from the auto tranny is Way bigger conectors. i will have to check it all out again , thanks