If you are not able to login to the forum, please Contact Us here to let us know. Thanks!

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

bagging a 90 c1500 reg cab (opinions)

This is a discussion on bagging a 90 c1500 reg cab (opinions) within the Street forums, part of the General Discussion category; hi ive got a 90 model c1500 regular cab swb and want to bag the front and rear. my questions ...

bagging a 90 c1500 reg cab (opinions)

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    hi ive got a 90 model c1500 regular cab swb and want to bag the front and rear. my questions are should i box the chassis where the notch will be welded. the rear will have a tri angular 4 link put in. what bag set up should i do ie bag over diff to achieve getting it as low as possible? also for the front what is the best way to do it. can you buy the bag brackets to suit my control arms. also what else should i do to get it to the lowest point i can with out a body drop. i will be getting drop spindals also and it will be running 22's. if possble could some one post some photos of your set ups and how you went about welding in the notch as there a c section chassis. step by step pics of the notch would be great and if possible with it boxed also. thanks ryan also would it be a good idea to get aftermarket control arms and if so will just bottom ones be ok.
    Last edited by tuffgmc; 09-30-2007 at 08:00 AM.

shave05

Re: bagging a 90 c1500 reg cab (opinions)

if you run a triangulated four link run the bags on the lower bars for a canti style setup it rides way better than bag over axle and provides more lift.
    you can box the frame if you want a lot of people dont.
    for the front you need cups or torsion style bracket for the bags
    spindles and you will have to notch the frame for tie rods and/or notch the frame for lower a arm or section the arm itself.
    to lay out 22s witha obs

shave05

bags on lower bars

bags on upper bars

yea box It at the notch some have been doing it at least 10" from the C

thanks guys for the responses if you have any more pics throw them up if possible,also would anyone have pics for the front set up and also pics of notching the frame for the tie rods. thanks ryan