If you are not able to login to the forum, please Contact Us here to let us know. Thanks!

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

Bagged OBS on 24s?

This is a discussion on Bagged OBS on 24s? within the Street forums, part of the General Discussion category; My plans are a kp 6 link setup with the watts upgrade, Choppin Block or similar arms emailed michigan metal ...

Question Bagged OBS on 24s?

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    My plans are a kp 6 link setup with the watts upgrade, Choppin Block or similar arms emailed michigan metal works about arms also. Truck is a 92 extended cab 350 5 speed. Just want to lay frame no bodydrop, I have an s10 project that is bodied. I am wondering if it is possible to run 24's with 255/30/24's on this truck without major work? Notching for tierods and tubbing the firewall is no big deal. This will be a daily, and will also have studded snows for winter time. I have searched and found some info but it mostly concerns trucks that are bodied.

Thanks for the help Greg

Re: Bagged OBS on 24s?

The info that you found on bodydropped trucks with 24s should tell you about what you need to do to lay out. The only difference is that you probably won't have to tub as much of the firewall since your not bodied. Also you need to make sure you have the right offset in the rear so you don't have to narrow your rear end or hit your bedsides.

only other things would be to make sure you have a big enough notch and would most likely have to tub the firewall. apart from that it should be as simple as laying it out on 22's

I think the bellhousing and exhaust will be your problem from what others have posted up on here...

What id the problem with the bellhousing you speak of? I have found a few trucks and one regular RCSB one bagged on 24 and it look like it didnt lay out completely.

Thanks Greg

Also what would be a good offset for the 24's? Ive looked and founds rims from 10 to 35 mm offsets. I have searched and found some info but not a whole lot.

Thanks Greg

CHRIS_22

hey i have an idea for you to lay with stock arms look at the thread i did on non dehumped arms lays body on 22s with all factory arms :) go to view all threads or just look up bodydropped88 and you can see just trim a lil more about another inch and you could lay 24s with stock arms :) if you need my number to explain over phone i can do so just email me

I don't have a 5-speed, so I'm only relaying what I've seen and heard on here. The bellhousing is much bigger than that of an automatic, and it has the slave cylinder on the side of it to worry about. The problem looks to be the exhaust routing. The stock y will never work. I think if you ditch the stock y-pipe and run true duals or merge the y back by the crossmember you could make it work. The bellhousing may still hit the ground though, I don't know...

Ok i looked around and there quite a few trucks bagged with 5 speeds. If not no big deal, I have an LS1 out of a camaro with an auto. Does anyone have any input on what a good offset for a
    24" wheel would be?

Thanks Greg

The exhaust is no big deal either I will get true duals put on it.

Thanks Greg

Would a 24 with 38mm offset work well then I can space the wheels to a little better offset if needed?

Thanks Greg
    Last edited by 87 3/4; 08-18-2010 at 05:20 PM. Reason: add wording

Quote Originally Posted by 87 3/4 View Post
    Would a 24 with 38mm offset work well then I can space the wheels to a little better offset if needed?

Thanks Greg
    that would be a good offset. i have about 32mm on my 22x9s or 22x9.5s (cant remember) & they have plenty of room.