If you are not able to login to the forum, please Contact Us here to let us know. Thanks!

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

Convenience Center Fuse location?

This is a discussion on Convenience Center Fuse location? within the Technical / Maintenance forums, part of the General Discussion category; Does anyone know where I can find the convenience center fuse box on a 1988 K1500? It's different from the ...

K1500

Convenience Center Fuse location?

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    Does anyone know where I can find the convenience center fuse box on a 1988 K1500? It's different from the fuse block above the hood release on the dash. It's on page 320 in the Haynes manual. It looks like it houses the fuses for the power accessories like power seat, power windows and power antenna. I need to find it to check my lighter fuse. Oh...the box looks to be square and about the same side as the regular fuse block. Thanks!
    Last edited by DearJimmy; 02-14-2005 at 07:42 PM.

K1500

Re: Convenience Center Fuse location?

In another posting someone told me to look up under the dash behind the emergency brake pedal for the convenience center. There is a block there, but it only seems to connect wires and not fuses. The block I'm referring to has plugs for the wires and is labeled for colors (orng, wht ect.) and not the power equipment that the convenience center is labeled for. The block I found a;so has two square inserts with the right being labeled "Hella" and a rectangular black piece to the upper right. I'm assuming the Hella block is for the lights because I don't have fog lights. Could it be that my 1988 K1500 doesn't have a convenience center for fuses? HELP!!!!

Along the bottom edge of the dash, theres a little panel that pops off.

K1500

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    Along the bottom edge of the dash, theres a little panel that pops off.
    I saw that fuse block. The other one that the Haynes manual refers to is called a Convenience Center. It's labeled PWR ST, PWR ANT,RR WIPER, CRUISE, RR DEFOG, SPARE, RR DEFOG...ect.) I'm trying to figure out why my cigarette lighter won't work and there a fuse in the convenience center. It's on page 311 in the Haynes manual if you have one. It's in a number of wiring diagrams in the Haynes, but pg 311 is the only diagram where you can read the labels.

new to chev truck world!!

i need to know the same location also!! just getin in on this thread!:)
    1990 silverado 2500
    350 4AT, 4x4 red/ silver
    (new to mee)
    inop: cruise, A/C

It's up on the top of the firewall, drivers side, inside way up under the dash. Not real convenent to get to. I have my dash out now, so easier to get to.

Good luck

i couldnt get my hand up any higher than the black block with all the wire plugs going in it, theres some type of rubber/ insulating materiali cant seem to get out of the way.. it it up higher than that? am i missing a step?

is there a way to test if it even has power at the plug to the cruise unit under the hood?
    thanx!:)
    1990 silverado 2500
    350 4AT, 4x4 red/ silver
    (new to mee)

I looked in my haynes and it showed that convenience center, but at the bottom it said 92 and newer.
    Last edited by 1989K1500; 06-06-2005 at 11:48 PM.

ahh that would explain why my hand didnt go up there! lol
    so... i dunno if this fuse actually exists now . thanx for lookin!
    1990 silverado 2500
    350 4AT, 4x4 red/ silver
    (new to mee)

K1500

My Haynes is for 1988 - 1990 Full Size. The original owner of my truck bought it in 1990 which is when my book was copy righted. My schematics still show the convenience center! Maybe the diagram is different for the 1992 though. Don't worry I have not found my convenience center either!!!!!!

i dunno... that doesent sound to "convienient" to mee.. time for letter to the editor of that manual
    1990 silverado 2500
    350 4AT, 4x4 red/ silver
    (new to mee)

i just changed my under dash wire harness and im pretty sure the convenit center is just were all of the wires go though the firewall it has a cople of relays i think. there is a plug on it that i think goes to the cig liter i dont have the hanes manual i have the really thick dealer manual so im not sure what it says. hope that helps