GM Inside - Muscle Cars - Jeep

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

Knock sensor Chevy C-1500 1994 350TBI

This is a discussion on Knock sensor Chevy C-1500 1994 350TBI within the Technical / Maintenance forums, part of the General Discussion category; Just wondering if anybody can tell me if there are different sensors for my truck. I know that one engine ...

Knock sensor Chevy C-1500 1994 350TBI

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    Just wondering if anybody can tell me if there are different sensors for my truck. I know that one engine block comes mounted with 2 sensors, are they the same as the ones with only one sensor?
    Would I be able to use one from a 1995 truck?
    The reason Iīm asking is that I have had some engine ping and thought it might be the knock sensor gone bad, I didnīt have any engine codes. The moment I put in the new sensor, bam, service engine lights up and I get a code 43. I have checked the knock sensor with a testing tool and it seems to work allright, I also checked the connection from the sensor to the ECM and its fine. I also base adjusted timing and still no luck.
    I know I have engine ping and added some octane boost today to see if I was right and I was. So somewhere along the line timing is getting screwed.
    Any suggestions?

Re: Knock sensor Chevy C-1500 1994 350TBI

I think i had that code for a long time(afer installing new knock sensor and pigtail)...ended up finding a computer for $35 bux and swapped it out, kept the chip...bye-bye code!! And i dont recall the aftermath cause i have lots of other things to work on as well lol!
    1991 5.3 T-56 4/6

"A port job on 193 heads is perfume on a pig. " - 91_bowtie