If you are not able to login to the forum, please Contact Us here to let us know. Thanks!

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

Where is the blower relay in a 95 gmc?

This is a discussion on Where is the blower relay in a 95 gmc? within the Technical / Maintenance forums, part of the General Discussion category; Hi all, My blower fan motor stopped working a couple of weeks ago, so i have no fan speeds to ...

Where is the blower relay in a 95 gmc?

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    Hi all,

My blower fan motor stopped working a couple of weeks ago, so i have no fan speeds to circulate the a/c, and it's sure getting hot up here, and foggy on rainy days on the windshield. I replaced the blower motor, it's not that. I do have voltage at the terminals to the motor also. I bought a blower relay to try, but I can't seem to find where the current blower relay is. Any ideas?

I didn't see the relay near the resistor behind the glove compartment or near the other relays under the hood.

Almost forgot, it's a 95 gmc k1500 btw.

TonyJ
    Last edited by TonyJ; 06-22-2005 at 12:32 PM.

Re: Where is the blower relay in a 95 gmc?

On your 1995 GMC TRUCK K1500 1/2TON P/U 4WD, the RELAY is:

GO TO WWW.AUTOZONE.COM FOR MORE INFO.

FRONT SEATING AREA, PASSENGER SIDE, BEHIND DASH, ABOVE KICK PANEL, MOUNTED REAR OF UPPER DASH PANEL

I just figured out why I had such a hard time. On autozone and partsamerica(advanced auto) there are 2 different relays listed. The one I have has a hole in the tab that looks like it mounts. I did see a relay near the resistor, but it didn't match. The 2nd relay on autozone/advanced auto looks like just the one I have in there. No wonder.

I had thought it might have been the resistor(special order this way for some reason) but I have absolutely nothing, no high-speed, etc, yet i do get voltage to the blower it appears on a multimeter.

Thanks Neumanzz for kicking off some more thinking on my side. My wife wants me to take it to have it done, but you know the whole male pride thing :) I ripped down to the short block in my last dodge truck(what a headache that truck was) so this is cake if i can hit the right part.

Tony

I think there is a fuse for it in the fuse panel inside, and the relay is under the hood on the drivers side fender. The cover will say fuses or fuse center or something like that on it. Push the tabs in on either end and pull up.
    1995 Silverado - ported vortec heads, 4L80E, efans, LT4 Hot Cam, Rear disc brake conversion w/drilled and slotted rotors
    1999 NBS Silverdo - transgo HD2 shift kit, 3 inch dynomax ultra flow, Ford keys and 305/70-16 Mickey ATZs

under the knife since 95 LOWGREEN1's Avatar

Here's some scans from my factory manual. The first one shows you where the relays are located, the second and third one are the wiring diagrams, and the fourth and fifth one is how to troubleshoot it. The only thing I ask is for you to save these to your computer because they will be taking up space on the webpage i copied them to and when I run out of space I will probably delete them. Thanks http://mercury.walagata.com/w/sprttrk/blower_realys.jpg http://mercury.walagata.com/w/sprttrk/blower1.jpg http://mercury.walagata.com/w/sprttrk/blower2.jpg http://mercury.walagata.com/w/sprttrk/blower3.jpg http://mercury.walagata.com/w/sprttrk/blower4.jpg

Your problem is most likely not the relay but instead the blower switch in the dash. The switch should be available so you don't have to change the whole ac control unit. I say that because the first dealership I called told me that I would have to buy the unit.

when you checked the voltage did it change with the different speeds of the switch? If so then the problem is more than likely a bad ground.

When I was checking the voltage, it didn't go up much on the first three speeds, but jumped up a bit when I turned it on the high speed. When it stopped working, there was a kind of electrical-burning smell for a short bit.

I did pick up a new blower motor and hooked it up with no change so pretty likely that's not the culprit.
    Last edited by TonyJ; 06-23-2005 at 10:17 AM.

Ok, looks like the blower relay is not the culprit either.

UNDER CONSTRUCTION.......

ya sure the blower is good?

mine totaly screwed up before when i bought my truck... thiers still a short somewhere....

BUT i had power going thru the ground
    but i just cut the ground wire off for the blower and wired in my own ground to it and its worked preaty good since then. defiantly check for power at the blower!!!!! check both wires the power and ground. was realy odd!
    if ya got power in the one and the others got a ground then just pull the blower and check it with some power and see if it works... it might have just gone bad.
    97 C1500 Extended cab 3rd door 5.7, 4/6 djm drop, 30bar billet grill

need any OBS parts and some NBS parts PM me. im a junk yard whore and go all the time.
    tho please small parts for shipping

Hey guys I'm new so go easy on me. Can someone repost those diagrams? I just bought a 1995 GMC 1500 with the same problem. Fixed the AC yesterday and the fan went out.

Also where can I get the factory service manual for this truck?

Does anyone have these diagrams?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by bishop1976
    Hey guys I'm new so go easy on me. Can someone repost those diagrams? I just bought a 1995 GMC 1500 with the same problem. Fixed the AC yesterday and the fan went out.

Also where can I get the factory service manual for this truck?

I dont have the diagrams pm lowgreen1 for em. as for the factory service manuals ebay or

http://www.helminc.com/helm/homepage...&cop=&ei=UTF-8

if they still sell them.
    O2 GMC RCSB 4.8L V8 AUTO 3.73's
    rebuilt/beefed up 4L60E(at 43,000miles)
    Matching Ninja 500r

Do the easy stuff 1st. like 75step said, ground it.