GM Inside - Muscle Cars - Jeep

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

Alternator Upgrade

This is a discussion on Alternator Upgrade within the Technical / Maintenance forums, part of the General Discussion category; I've tried searching on this topic but I'm still confused. I have a 95' Tahoe (TBI 350) with a dead ...

Help: Alternator Upgrade question

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    I've tried searching on this topic but I'm still confused. I have a 95' Tahoe (TBI 350) with a dead alternator. I want to upgrade to a 140 (cs144) alternator but I'm not sure if it will bolt in or if the plugs will match. Thanks for the help guys.
    Last edited by RVO27; 07-18-2005 at 11:40 AM.

Re: Alternator Upgrade

Anyone?

if you have the 140 amp alternator (the one with the external fan) already it's a direct bolt on. If you have the 105 amp then you need to buy a new plug from an autopart store and replace your old one with it or you can get an adapter such as a adapter like the D1W1206 without any cutting of the wiring. Or you can have your alternator rebuilt to an 200 amp at an local alternator shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe 400
    if you have the 140 amp alternator (the one with the external fan) already it's a direct bolt on. If you have the 105 amp then you need to buy a new plug from an autopart store and replace your old one with it or you can get an adapter such as a adapter like the D1W1206 without any cutting of the wiring. Or you can have your alternator rebuilt to an 200 amp at an local alternator shop.
    Actually, since his truck is a 95 with the C-130, the plug is the same. YOu only have to change the plug if you have a C-130D, which is what 96-up have.

The CS144 should bolt up to my truck (95'), right?
    Last edited by RVO27; 07-20-2005 at 06:35 AM.