If you are not able to login to the forum, please Contact Us here to let us know. Thanks!

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

Disable Chevy Colorado Traction Control FOREVER?!

This is a discussion on Disable Chevy Colorado Traction Control FOREVER?! within the Technical / Maintenance forums, part of the General Discussion category; If anyone knows how to permenantly disable the traction control in the chevy colorado please inform me, I am sick ...

Disable Chevy Colorado Traction Control FOREVER?!

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    If anyone knows how to permenantly disable the traction control in the chevy colorado please inform me, I am sick of having to turn of this crappy device everytime I get into my truck, thanx in advance.

Re: Disable Chevy Colorado Traction Control FOREVER?!

there is an updated calibration for your pcm that will fix your traction control problems.Ill post the tsb

Document ID# 1675541
    2005 Chevrolet Colorado Pickup - 2WD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unwanted TCS Activation Typically on Sweeping Turns - keywords ABS automatic brake first lamp left light right second shift traction turn Z71 Z85 #PIT3631 - (Jun 21, 2005)
    Unwanted TCS Activation Typically On Sweeping Turns
    2004-2005 Chevrolet Colorado Pick Up

2004-2005 GMC Canyon Pick Up

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:
    Unwanted TCS activation while driving and making a sweeping turn or between 1-2 up shift. This applies to vehicles with automatic transmissions only.

Recommendation/Instructions:
    Using the Tech 2, update the calibration in the PCM for harsh 1-2 shift. After programming has been successful, re-evaluate the vehicle. If the vehicle in question has the latest calibration for harsh 1-2 shift installed, compare the concern to a like vehicle with the same tire size.

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.
    WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION

Copyright General Motors Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Document ID# 1675541
    2005 Chevrolet Colorado Pickup - 2WD

I have absolutly no idea what the hell you just talked about?!?!

take the truck to the dealer and have them reprogram the powertrain control module with the most recent calibration.