If you are not able to login to the forum, please Contact Us here to let us know. Thanks!

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

2005 Avalanche dash lights

This is a discussion on 2005 Avalanche dash lights within the Technical / Maintenance forums, part of the General Discussion category; I just purchased a 2005 Avalanche at the end of Jauuary. I have a question, and any and all info ...

2005 Avalanche dash lights

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    I just purchased a 2005 Avalanche at the end of Jauuary. I have a question, and any and all info would be greatly appreciated. When I turn on the headlights either manually or on auto, the Radio/Clock, Climate control and DIC displays do not dim. I'm not sure if the Climate control and DIC displays should dim but I know that the Radio/Clock display should; it even mentions that it would in the owners manual. Any Ideas? I took it back to the dealer and they told me to just turn down the dimmer wheel next to the headlight switch. If anyone has an Avalanche or Silverado (with the electronic climate control), would you turn on your headlights and see if the displays dim? I would be very grateful for any input. Thank you all in advance.

John

Re: 2005 Avalanche dash lights

Document ID# 1332606
    2005 Chevrolet Avalanche - 2WD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Instrument Panel Brightness
    The thumbwheel for this feature is located next to the exterior lamps control.

(Instrument Panel Lights)
    Turn the thumbwheel up or down to brighten or dim the instrument panel lights and the radio display. This will only work if the headlamps or parking lamps are on.

To turn on the dome lamps, with the vehicle doors closed, turn the thumbwheel all the way up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Document ID# 1332606
    2005 Chevrolet Avalanche - 2WD

Re: 2005 Avalanche dash lights

Thank you for your reply. I just realized today that I was comparing my new radio with the older models (Cadillac, Chevy, Pontiac). On the older radios, the digital display would dim when the headlights were turned on due to the fact that the display would not dim manually with the dash lights. It was a hi/low brightness wheras the new radios are adjustable with the dimmer switch. All is well. Thanks again for the info.