GM Inside - Ford Inside - Ford Ranger - Jeep - American Muscle

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

which spark plug wires for a zz4

This is a discussion on which spark plug wires for a zz4 within the Technical / Maintenance forums, part of the General Discussion category; Does anybody know off the top of their head which plug wires I need for my zz4? I went to ...

Locked and Loaded

which spark plug wires for a zz4

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    Does anybody know off the top of their head which plug wires I need for my zz4?

I went to napa and they didn't know what I needed by telling them what motor I had. I had to tell them a vehicle make and model. I told them a 1980 camaro because I figured it was the same style block from that year car but I have one wire that is way too long. Is it bad to have plug wires that are too long?

Also, why do spark plug wire kits not come with the coil wire? Did I just get screwed by them?

Re: which spark plug wires for a zz4

Longer wires just means the spark has further to travel. Not a major problem unless it gets in the way of something moving or gets to close to a heat source.

As far as getting a coil wire, you should get one in the kit. Sounds like you got a "returned" set or one that was missing the coil wire. I would order a set from Summit Racing -- they're sure to know what you need, based on your vehicle or your engine. I've been very happy with my Taylor wires and they were actually cheaper than purchasing them from a local parts store.
    Prov 3:5-6; Jer 29:11
    '99 2wd 4dr Tahoe:
    Mods list

Proud to be an Idiot bobzilla75's Avatar

The reason you didn't get a coil wire is because a 1980 camaro was a coil-in-cap HEI. There is no coil wire. To determine the best wire set to get will depend on the type of distributor you're running.
    Founding member of the Indiana Chapter of the Teeny Weeny Club for Secure Adult Males

Locked and Loaded

Thanks guys, I just ebayed a coil delivered for $5. Only one wire is to long so I just made a circle with it away from the cap. Is it a problem if this wire touches other spark plug wires where I circled it around?