GM Inside - Muscle Cars - Jeep

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

Error code P0102-engine light

This is a discussion on Error code P0102-engine light within the Technical / Maintenance forums, part of the General Discussion category; So the service engine light came on last night. Checked it with the scanner and it reads. P0102. Mass or ...

Error code P0102-engine light

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    So the service engine light came on last night. Checked it with the scanner and it reads. P0102. Mass or low input velocity. So with a stop the next morning at autozone I pick up a new mass air flow sensor. Unplug the batery while I replace it. Light goes away. Tonight it came back on. Scanned again same code. The MAF I replaced didn't look banged up or dirty but figured at 100k plus why not replace it. Any ideas? I see a small plug between the MAF and filter. From the inside of the intake tube it looks like a spark plug sorta. WTF is this? Also is a small clear tube with a spring loaded valve? WTF does it do? Could figure out how to get them out? Gently pulled on them but to no avail. Could one of them be the culprit. Didn't notice anything else that would bring up a mass or low input velocity error code. Anybody had a similar problem? I searched the forumn but to no luck. Thanks

Homesick NBer
    Edmonton, AB (but still an easterner at heart)

Re: Error code P0102-engine light

Quote Originally Posted by greenmonster80
    So the service engine light came on last night. Checked it with the scanner and it reads. P0102. Mass or low input velocity. So with a stop the next morning at autozone I pick up a new mass air flow sensor. Unplug the batery while I replace it. Light goes away. Tonight it came back on. Scanned again same code. The MAF I replaced didn't look banged up or dirty but figured at 100k plus why not replace it. Any ideas? I see a small plug between the MAF and filter. From the inside of the intake tube it looks like a spark plug sorta. WTF is this? Also is a small clear tube with a spring loaded valve? WTF does it do? Could figure out how to get them out? Gently pulled on them but to no avail. Could one of them be the culprit. Didn't notice anything else that would bring up a mass or low input velocity error code. Anybody had a similar problem? I searched the forumn but to no luck. Thanks

get you cat convertor checked, i know that i kept getting MAF codes and the garage i worked at told me that the MAF codes i was getting usually ment the convertor was starting to plug, and it was actually half plugged so i gutted it, but i still got 1 MAF code so i replaced it, but i put a used one on cause new ones are like $350canadian, to much in my opinion, and i got the used one for free, no problems now.

so i would say if you changed it, and still get a code, check the convertor.
    2003 Chev Silverado 4x4 4.10 gears and it has a 4.8L
    1997 GMC Sierra 4x4 4.3L 4L60E KOSS CD player,16mpg,3.73 gears z71 skid plates <<<sold

4th year apprentice at Chev Dealer

Alright, Thanks for the idea. I would have never thought of changing out the catalytic converter. Will look into that this weekend.

Well turns out I had a wire pinched in between the tranny bellhousing and the block. Must have happened when re-installing the transmission after the rebuild. Got that sorted out . Then down the road it turns on again. This time is an O2 sensor. Will replace the fronts soon and look into sims for the rear. Any recommendations for the sims? As far as what company and who to go thru. I haven't researched yet. Just wanted to update my eroor code post in hopes of saving someone else the pain I went thru figuring this out....

Well turns out I had a wire pinched in between the tranny bellhousing and the block. Must have happened when re-installing the transmission after the rebuild. Got that sorted out . Then down the road it turns on again. This time is an O2 sensor. Will replace the fronts soon and look into sims for the rear. Any recommendations for the sims? As far as what company and who to go thru. I haven't researched yet. Just wanted to update my eroor code post in hopes of saving someone else the pain I went thru figuring this out....

i built me set out of spark plug non foulers and it has brought up a o2 code....i have had them on there for about 7 months and no codes