GM Inside - Ford Inside - Ford Ranger - Jeep - American Muscle

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

Replace Window Regulator on 2002 Tahoe

This is a discussion on Replace Window Regulator on 2002 Tahoe within the Technical / Maintenance forums, part of the General Discussion category; I want to know if it is difficult to replace a window regulator on the driver's side power window of ...

Replace Window Regulator on 2002 Tahoe

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    I want to know if it is difficult to replace a window regulator on the driver's side power window of 2002 Chevy Tahoe? The dealer wants 325 dollars to do it and I know I can get the part for a quarter of that amount plus the amount of beer I would be drinking during its installation.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated. Thanks!

-Nick
    1998 GMC Suburban

Re: Replace Window Regulator on 2002 Tahoe

im pretty sure this is very possible for you to do...im not sure if the regulater is the same thing as a motor is it?...or is the motor something completely different.

I believe the motor is included in on the regulator as I have found them on E-bay fairly inexpensive. It is taking the door panel off the door that worries me.
    1998 GMC Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by 79Scottsdale
    I believe the motor is included in on the regulator as I have found them on E-bay fairly inexpensive. It is taking the door panel off the door that worries me.
    Did you end up doing this? I need to on a 2000 Silverado? was it difficult?
    2003 ECSB Silverado Z71 LT
    1990 Corvette ZR-1
    2005 Honda odyssey EXL (Wife's)

Try this site:

http://www.a1electric.com/s10motor.htm

Shows a replacement, on an Chevy S10.....could be close to your Tahoe, situation.

Aloha, Mark
    '95 Silverado ECSB, K1500, Z71, 4x4, 5.7L, TBI, 4l60e 4 spd auto trans, 3.73, G80, LT245/75R16, alum 6 lug wheels, 6 leaf springs on each side, 14 bolt rear, disc/drum (Code JB6-7200 lb rated), 6600 GVWR (Code C5S), HD chassis (Code F44).........basically stock.

I took off the panel and found that taking it out was more difficult than I thought due to the regulator and motor being placed in a awkward position inside the door. You couldn't really get to it not unless you knew what you were doing and I did not know what I was doing. So I just took it to the dealership and they charged me $370.00 parts and labor. Although expensive, at least I knew it was done correctly. If you don't what you're doing, I wouldn't suggest replacing it yourself.
    1998 GMC Suburban