GM Inside - Ford Inside - Ford Ranger - Jeep - American Muscle

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

po175

This is a discussion on po175 within the Technical / Maintenance forums, part of the General Discussion category; my truck throwing the code po175 which is fuel trim too rich bank 2. i recenty had a bad problem ...

po175

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    my truck throwing the code po175 which is fuel trim too rich bank 2. i recenty had a bad problem wich the fuel pump. then replaced it 2 days ago and it fixed everything. running perfect. but now its throwing this code and i am now 300 miles away from home and i am getting a little paranoid. anyone have any ideas? its running 100% perfect but it keeps throwing the code.....
    98 GMC C1500 SWB
    1970 Chevy El Camino
    2003 Yamaha R6

ASE master certified w/ L1

Re: po175

someones gotta have an idea here....
    98 GMC C1500 SWB
    1970 Chevy El Camino
    2003 Yamaha R6

My truck just threw the P0174 "running lean" left bank...I google'd it and it turned up my scanners website name "acron" or something like that but there site listed a hand full of things that could throw the code. easiest is pvc valve which I'm gonna try but some others were the fuel pressure regulator, fuel sending unit, and or fuel pump as well...personnally I think mine is the fuel sending unit just cause the fuel guage needle sometimes dances a little when I"m sitting at a light sooo...
    1999 gmc sierra z71, flowmaster super 40, KN filter, power programer, 33x12.5x16 sts's, Rancho 6", 16x8 extreme alloys!! zenon flares

I have had that code on and off for a while now....but here lately mine has pointed to the fuel pressure regulator. When i run my truck for a while then shut it off for 20min to an hour or two it has a hard time starting and finally starts with puffs of black smoke = rich mixture. What has happened is the FPR leaks when off and floods my engine. Yours done anything like this yet?
    |97 ext. cab|FIPK|14b SF|Rear discs|4.56's|Tru-Trac|6in SL|35 ssr's|Thorley's|Magnaflow 18"|

Quote Originally Posted by 97Silverado
    You are a dumbass....I don't even need to go into why.

the motor starts perfect everytime. no smoke or anything. but my fuel level needle dances bad. like to where it looks a little fuzzy. and i just replaced the whole pump and sending unit and it didnt dance before. what would the sending unit have to do with it getting too much fuel though?
    98 GMC C1500 SWB
    1970 Chevy El Camino
    2003 Yamaha R6

cleaned my MAF and it was dirty. erased the codes and they came abck today. i am now out of ideas.......
    98 GMC C1500 SWB
    1970 Chevy El Camino
    2003 Yamaha R6

when my fuel gauge was dancing it was suggested to check the ground wire to the sending unit to make sure theres good contact....???? Have you check your pcv ? Other than that, just don't know,, could have it scanned at an autozone for free, see if they've got some better suggestions.. good luck keep us posted..
    1999 gmc sierra z71, flowmaster super 40, KN filter, power programer, 33x12.5x16 sts's, Rancho 6", 16x8 extreme alloys!! zenon flares

pcv vavle is perfect. checked the ground also and that didnt help. this is really pissing me off.....
    98 GMC C1500 SWB
    1970 Chevy El Camino
    2003 Yamaha R6