GM Inside - Muscle Cars - Jeep

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

CTSY Fuse?

This is a discussion on CTSY Fuse? within the Technical / Maintenance forums, part of the General Discussion category; Im not sure what CTSY stands for but it had a blown fuse so I went to put a new ...

CTSY Fuse?

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    Im not sure what CTSY stands for but it had a blown fuse so I went to put a new fuse in and it started sparkin before I could put it in so I just pulled it back out. So I was wondering what CTSY stands for so I can fix the problem, it takes a 20A fuse and if I put another one in its just going to blow immediately...

also my head unit wont turn on so im guessing that has something to do with it, im in the process of installing my alarm system and I couldve messed something up maybe... any help would be great thanks.
    Last edited by CuZtOm90; 09-03-2006 at 07:59 PM.

Re: CTSY Fuse?

Dome lights and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    Dome lights and such.
    my whole dome light is disconnected so I dont have one

CTSY=Courtesy Lights. What Nick said...dome lights and such. You've got a direct short...recheck the wireing you've been working on.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy' until you have a hand full of chunkin rocks.

04'-K2500HD-LQ4-Westers 93 HOT tune

hmm I cut the wires to the cig lighter becasue I dont want it...could that do it?

Quote Originally Posted by CuZtOm90
    hmm I cut the wires to the cig lighter becasue I dont want it...could that do it?
    did you seal the ends of each wire so there was ni chance at all they could touch metal/wires under the dash to cause a short ?

- 99 Silverado - retired to spare vehicle
    Black headlights/turnsignals/taillights- 6K HID Low beams, back on stock rims. current project/DD 99 jeep TJ

my whole dome light is disconnected so I dont have one
    The wires to either your dome light or cig lighter are shorting out somewhere.
    Last edited by Nick; 09-03-2006 at 08:30 PM.

I checked and they werent touching and it would still spark when I tried putting the fuse in, and I dont have a dome light and haven messed with any of the lights..

You have a short somewhere. That fuse pretty much only does the cig lighter and dome anyway, if you dont want those just leave the fuse out. :LOL:

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    You have a short somewhere. That fuse pretty much only does the cig lighter and dome anyway, if you dont want those just leave the fuse out. :LOL:
    What about my headunit (stereo)? It wont turn on either and I kind of want my cd player

What about my headunit (stereo)? It wont turn on either and I kind of want my cd player
    It should be on a separate fuse. (was from the factory anyway) You better start chasing wires.

Well the only fuse that is bad is CTSY so what would make my stereo not work if its not the fuse then what else do I need to look for? I traced wires and havent came up with anything yet but its dark and I'll have to keep looking tomorrow.

The head unit pulls power from the CTSY fuse. I just went out and pulled mine to make sure. With it out my head unit does not turn on, nor do the interior lights. I have a 30A in mine, not sure what was spose to be in there stock, but I've had no problems with it.

-Chris

- 1993 C1500 - 5.3L/4L60E Swap - 3/5 Hotchkis - '96 Interior - Tuned by EPS -
    - 2013 Camaro 1SS/1LE - Borla - 1" Eibach Drop - Roto Fab Intake - Katzkins Interior -

Quote Originally Posted by P379XL
    The head unit pulls power from the CTSY fuse. I just went out and pulled mine to make sure. With it out my head unit does not turn on, nor do the interior lights. I have a 30A in mine, not sure what was spose to be in there stock, but I've had no problems with it.

-Chris
    mines a 20 but thanks guess I have a short somewhere hopefully I wont be spending all tomorrow looking for it.

The Good Samaritan

do u have power door locks? if you are hooking ur alarm into those thats where i would look

Quote Originally Posted by d_johnsen
    do u have power door locks? if you are hooking ur alarm into those thats where i would look
    I do have power door locks but I dont think they have anything to do with it because the alarm has nothing to do with them... Ive already tried disconnecting the whole alarm and relays and looked under the dash for a short and havent came up with anything yet...