GM Inside - Muscle Cars - Jeep

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

Does Sanden make good A/C compressors?

This is a discussion on Does Sanden make good A/C compressors? within the Technical / Maintenance forums, part of the General Discussion category; I'm about to replace my delco compressor and was wondering if anybody knows about the cheaper Sanden 709 compressor which ...

Does Sanden make good A/C compressors?

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    I'm about to replace my delco compressor and was wondering if anybody knows about the cheaper Sanden 709 compressor which can be used instead? Should I just stick to A/C Delco and avoid problems? Any suggestions? Thanks!

1972 Chevy Beauville Diamond Jim's Avatar

Re: Does Sanden make good A/C compressors?

Sanden has the rep of being the best new one. Avoid any and all rebuilt ones no matter who rebuilt it or what warranty they offer with it.
    Last edited by Diamond Jim; 09-07-2006 at 04:32 PM.
    Diamond Jim
    98 Burb, 5.7L, 2500LS, 4X4; 80 GMC 383, , Long bed; 74 Dually Flatbed 350; 73 Short bed 350 4X4; 41 Chevy Master Deluxe, 327/375hp Rochester FI; 89 Fleetwood Bounder, 2 ton Chevy Chassis, 454/TH425

Re: Does Sanden make good A/C compressors?

Ok thanks ... i'm surprised at the price difference. A new delco compressor with nothing else is about $280 and a new Sanden compressor with orifice tube, evaporator, o-rings and pre-filled with oil is only $245.