GM Inside - Ford Inside - Ford Ranger - Jeep - American Muscle

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

2004 Blower will not turn off!

This is a discussion on 2004 Blower will not turn off! within the Technical / Maintenance forums, part of the General Discussion category; My AC / heater blower motor will not shut off even with the key out.... I have to unhook the ...

2004 Blower will not turn off!

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    My AC / heater blower motor will not shut off even with the key out.... I have to unhook the battery or pull the 40 amp fuse under the hood to get it to shut off. I also do not have any control over the fan speed.

The truck is a '04 Z71, LT. Dual digital dual climate control. It now has one fan speed all the time until the battery is dead. Any suggestions?

2010 Silverado CrewCab Z71.... 6.2l. BlackBear Tune / Line-X over the rail

Re: 2004 Blower will not turn off!

It is going to be the blower motor resistor more than likely. I work at a wrecking yard and i sell a lot of these. It is under the passenger side of the dash by the blower motor. The wires from the blower motor run over to it.

Thanks, I will give it a try tomorrow.... I was not sure it was that since it does work but does not respond to any controls and stays on even with the key off......

Here is what I have found out so far.... my truck does not use the blower resistor(PN old -89018597... PN new -89019089.) Mine uses the blower Module(PN old -52495874... PN new -89018778.) It is a special order part so the dealer does not have one... $110 if they did.

I ordered it a gmpartsdirect for $60 ($50 plus shipping.)

Now I just hope it fixes my problem.

For those who might end up in the same boat. I have an 2004 crew cab, Z71, with digital dual climate control. I have a center console also, that seemed to matter at the parts counter.

I will reply with the results when my order gets here!

Sure enough that fixed it.... finally have a heater again. Good thing with 3" of snow on the way.

Thanks for the help guys.

Thanks for posting! I've kept and eye on this post hoping you'd follow up with results as it's much needed info this time of year. good luck
    Last edited by doglip; 01-31-2007 at 06:32 PM.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy' until you have a hand full of chunkin rocks.

04'-K2500HD-LQ4-Westers 93 HOT tune

Posted as soon as I got the part. Evidently for the dealer this is a special order item. So to get it online took twice as long, but to save $50-$60 bucks I dealt with leaning over to unplug power from the module. Now had the unit not blown at all like some of these guys indicate theirs does.... It becomes a much more urgent deal.

I am just happy somebody else had dealt with it and knew the answer. I love this forum.