If you are not able to login to the forum, please Contact Us here to let us know. Thanks!

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

Front end rebuild kits?

This is a discussion on Front end rebuild kits? within the Technical / Maintenance forums, part of the General Discussion category; I'm getting ready to replace my ball joints in a couple weeks and was wondering if anyone makes/sells a front ...

Front end rebuild kits?

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    I'm getting ready to replace my ball joints in a couple weeks and was wondering if anyone makes/sells a front end rebuild kit for a 1993 K1500 Blazer? I imagine it is the same as the K1500 trucks.

Figured while I was in there that i'd replace alot of other stuff to save me from digging back in there at a later date. Does anyone make/sell a kit? Moog? Spicer? I can't find anything...

Re: Front end rebuild kits?

Nah no kits that I know of. I just go to the parts store and ask for the parts. Other than the ball joints themselves there aren't really any other parts that go into it. They come with all the bolts/pins you need too. You'll need a 36mm socket, and a pickle fork/ball joint separator, and a big f***ing hammer to get it done though, along with noraml hand tools
    Rest in Peace Jason Payne

Try www.p-s-t.com. They sell a polyvinyl graphite rebuilding kit for most vehicles. It will include all of the bushings, ball joints, tie rod ends, tie rod adjusting sleeves, and end links to rebuild your front end. I just rebuilt my front end with their kit last year.
    Buffalo
    '90 Chev 3/4 ton 4wd, work-daily driver first, toy second

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo
    Try www.p-s-t.com. They sell a polyvinyl graphite rebuilding kit for most vehicles. It will include all of the bushings, ball joints, tie rod ends, tie rod adjusting sleeves, and end links to rebuild your front end. I just rebuilt my front end with their kit last year.
    I looked at their site and it seems that they do not include the lower ball joints. Is there a reason why?

I don't know. Mine came with both upper and lower ball joints, but then again it's a truck and not a Blazer.
    Buffalo
    '90 Chev 3/4 ton 4wd, work-daily driver first, toy second

Oh well, I think I'm going to purchase everything seperate.

Moog Ball Joints (upper and lower - both sides)
    Moog Control Arm Bushing kit (upper and lower)
    BCA 4x4 Hubs (both sides)
    BCA Front Wheel Seal (both sides)
    Rotors (both sides)
    Pads (both sides)

$678 (tax included) with my discount.