***Login to the Forum here ***

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

Service 4wd light - 2003 silverado

This is a discussion on Service 4wd light - 2003 silverado within the Technical / Maintenance forums, part of the General Discussion category; Hi all, My 2003 Silverado Z71 had the "Service 4WD" message come up a while ago, but I don't seem ...

Service 4wd light - 2003 silverado

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    Hi all,

My 2003 Silverado Z71 had the "Service 4WD" message come up a while ago, but I don't seem to have any performance problems, and 4WD does work fine, even though I hardly ever use it. I'm guessing it's just a faulty light. Is this a common problem with these models?

Thanks.

Re: Service 4wd light - 2003 silverado

i have a 2004 and mine just did the same thing, everythign works fine though??

my 2003 did the same thing the acutator motor has a reostate to tell the 4wd were its at.. Overtime the viberation will wear a spot and the service light will come on eventually not being able to use 4wd.

Does this seem normal with a truck with 39,000 miles on it though? Should I take it to the dealer, or is this something I could probably do on my own? It costs about $100 just to have the dealer look at it... Even though I have a full warranty.

My '99 Z-71 used to do that. I replaced the push-button module on the dash ($60 at the dealer).