GM Inside - Ford Inside - Ford Ranger - Jeep - American Muscle

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

Water Leak into Overhead Console

This is a discussion on Water Leak into Overhead Console within the Technical / Maintenance forums, part of the General Discussion category; Hello, I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post my problem but it was this one or ...

Water Leak into Overhead Console

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post my problem but it was this one or the technical forum.

I'm joining this group after purchasing a used 2004 Suburban LT AWD with 23K miles in mid-June. We love this truck as it is a huge improvement over the Nissan Quest minivan it replaces.

We cannot park in our garage, so it has to sit in the driveway. We park it facing downhill. There has been 2 rainstorms in the time we've had the truck. After each storm, we have had water leaking out of the overhead console that houses the sunroof switch, map lights, and rear AC controls.

In addition, the headliner is soaking wet in front of the overhead console and above the rear-view mirror. I don't think the windshield is leaking as the soaked portion of the liner is above the windshield. I'm suspecting something with the sunroof but I can't find any signs of a leak from it. The headliner is dry all the way around the sunroof opening.

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this problem for me.

Thanks in advance.

PJ Yee
    Naperville, IL
    2004 Chevy Suburban LT AWD 23K miles.

ALL FOUR

Re: Water Leak into Overhead Console

I had the same problem with mine try cleaning the drains in the sunroof ,they are in the front of the sunroof
    IF IT'S BROKE I CAN FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!