***Login to the Forum here ***

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

Turn Signal icon blinks fast on dash.....Please Help

This is a discussion on Turn Signal icon blinks fast on dash.....Please Help within the Technical / Maintenance forums, part of the General Discussion category; I have a 98 Tahoe and I recently put the halo headlights on my truck. Now the lights been working ...

Turn Signal icon blinks fast on dash.....Please Help

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    I have a 98 Tahoe and I recently put the halo headlights on my truck. Now the lights been working fine. But today the left turn signal icon on the dash started to blink fast so I got out and my turn signals blinking fast. There are no blown lightbulbs. Brake light comes on when I brake and no blown bulbs there either. Then later that day the turn signal blinks normal now. Could it be a bad fuse or something. I recently put a circuit board on that same side for the brake light awhile back but I don't think that is the problem. Could anyone please help me because I know it will happen again.

Re: Turn Signal icon blinks fast on dash.....Please Help

Did you put in any LED bulbs? I had some LED bulbs in my taillights and it caused the same thing to happen. The truck thinks a bulb is out, so it's blinking too fast. Mine would do it but it was consistent and the same every time, it wouldn't go back to normal.

91 RCSB C1500 4.3 4L60 Cash for Clunkered 8/3/09
    09 Ford Mustang Bullitt #5998 Brenspeed Tune, LCAs. 13.35 @104.3
    94 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra ModdedSOLD 9/4/08

I Hate You All, Equally.

There is too little amp draw in the circuit. the light blinks fast when a bulb is blown because there is no draw from the bulb anymore. sounds like it could be some loose wiring. Did you check the rear turn signal bulb? just had to ask.

1983 Jimmy Sierra Classic-Future LSX Swap Recipient
    2002 Silverado 2500HD CCSB LT-Daily Driver
    1995 Corsica-Super-Sleeper in Progress

On my wife's Toyota Camry this happens all the time. All it takes to fix it is cleaning the contacts on the bottom of the bulb(s).

formerly 133

Check your lights and make sure they work. More than likely the rear one is blown.
    04 Sierra-LM7

Waiting on spring, Needs to be faster! Just ask TheBigBlackHD-

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigBlackHD View Post
    no no no no no no no no nO NO NO NO NO! Please NO! I cant be "the guy whos truck got beat by the guys truck with the camo headliner"!

I checked all the lights on the left side........all of them are functioning......the back taillight has both lightbulbs lit but when you the brake light on it doesn't light up. Yet the led circles is lit and everything. I checked during the daytime and when i hit the brake pedal only the right taillight works. So I doubt it's the circuit board because I just got one from the chevy dealership about 3 months ago. So I really don't know what's going on but the lights are sweet and are the only aftermarket tails that give me that good blackout look. This is my second pair of these same lights too.

Usually the reason they blink fast is because a light is burnt out. I have no idea about halo's.

Quote Originally Posted by lilbuttas
    Yet the led circles is lit and everything.
    So you've got LED lights? Problem solved. The same thing happened to me, and didn't go away until I switched back to the 3157's. It turns out the LED's weren't as bright anyway because they didn't use the reflector like the regular bulbs do. I've noticed lots of times when you change something from how it's designed to be, it doesn't work as well.
    You can also buy the tail light circuit boards at Auto Zone or O'Reilley's. I bought some for like 30 dollars a pair when mine went bad. When I had the LED's in, they managed to mess them up somehow so the normal bulbs wouldn't work. The new boards work fine.

91 RCSB C1500 4.3 4L60 Cash for Clunkered 8/3/09
    09 Ford Mustang Bullitt #5998 Brenspeed Tune, LCAs. 13.35 @104.3
    94 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra ModdedSOLD 9/4/08

Blinkers run off of current so if you change the draw, it thinks a bulb is out. Same thing happened on my old Toyota when I changed the blinkers out. With that truck, I took the blinker relay apart and was able to disconnect the circuit telling the relay that the bulb was out. The only draw back was that when a bulb did go out, it would still blink the same and you wouldn’t notice until some asshat tried to pass you when you were trying to turn left and he almost hits you yelling "use your damn turn signal".

yeah leds suck. If there is a bunch in a small group, they are semi-bright.

I replaced my stock 3rd brake light with a smoked light with LED's instead of bulbs. When I turn the cargo light on, its like nothing happens. the moon is brighter than those LEDs.

My facto cargo light would blind you from behind.