If you are not able to login to the forum, please Contact Us here to let us know. Thanks!

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

Help! Need To Change High Pressure Power Steering Hose

This is a discussion on Help! Need To Change High Pressure Power Steering Hose within the Technical / Maintenance forums, part of the General Discussion category; ok i have a 2000 model GMC C2500 series old body style.. the high pressure power steering hose is leaking ...

Exclamation Help! Need To Change High Pressure Power Steering Hose

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    ok i have a 2000 model GMC C2500 series old body style..
    the high pressure power steering hose is leaking badly and im going to replace it.. how would i go about replacing it?

Re: Help! Need To Change High Pressure Power Steering Hose

Head to your local auto parts store and get a new high pressure hose. They should have a pre-formed hose with threaded connectors already on it.

To remove the old hose, just unscrew the nut on each end. The one on the back of the power steering pump is kinda tough to get at but if you lay underneath the engine you will see it.

Installation is just reverse of removal.
    08 HHR LS - 2.2 | 5 speed | 30 MPG

98 K1500 Z71 - 204k | L31 | 60E | 3.73's | 3" BL | 33x12.5x15 Dick Cepek F-C II's | Dynomax Ultra Flo X DI/DO | 14 MPG

84 S15 Jimmy 2dr 4x4 - engine/tranny all rebuilt

Re: Help! Need To Change High Pressure Power Steering Hose

It is very easy as stated above. The hardest part I found was removing the fitting where it screws into the stearing box. Not alot of rooom to get a wrench in there sideways. I found that a crows foot wrench worked best in there. A wrench head that you attach a ratchet to. Gets a little messy with fluid dripping out, but it is really a pretty simple job.
    Last edited by karter25; 11-25-2007 at 03:39 PM.