GM Inside - Ford Inside - Ford Ranger - Jeep - American Muscle

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

shift indicator light does not light up under PRND21?

This is a discussion on shift indicator light does not light up under PRND21? within the Technical / Maintenance forums, part of the General Discussion category; well as some of you know i am dealing with a 06 silverado K1500 with the 5.3L Vortec, i beleve ...

I LOVE THE SNOW!!! GIMECHANIC_454's Avatar

Exclamation shift indicator light does not light up under PRND21?

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    well as some of you know i am dealing with a 06 silverado K1500 with the 5.3L Vortec, i beleve i got past the passlock cause the truck cranked over,(changed computer under the dash) but then i go to strat putting every thing back togeather and turn the key on to start and no shift indictor light i checked all the fuses and there good.. no is there any way to bypass the neutral safety switch on a 4l60E tranny? or could the neutral safety withc cause the shift indicator light to go out? and i know the truck wont start with out then NSS, any ideas or options? thanks

JUST REMEBER IF YOUR GONA DO ALOT OF DAMAGE..DON'T STOP TILL IT SOUNDS EXSPENCIVE
    :fsc:

Member of the :fsc: 200,000 mile club

Re: shift indicator light does not light up under PRND21?

Is that like the old body style with the letters and a light bulb, or is it one that the letters are lights. If it's like the old ones you probably a bulb, or wire.

03 Silverado ECSB, Dmax, Allison, 3.73 G80
    96 Silverado ECSB, 350, 4L60E, 3.73's Powertrax Locker
    05 Cavalier
    74 Corvette Stingray, 350, 4 speed
    49 F-1, flathead 6, 4 speed, 2wd, unknown rear end. Old rust bucket.

I'm having the same problem with my truck. Was told it is prolly the neutral safety switch. And yes that could be your problem.

did you remove this neutral safety switch, reason i ask is when you put it back on did you put it in park or nuetral, it needs to be installed in neutral, if it was installed in park then the tit broke off and it wont work regaurdless what you do..

I LOVE THE SNOW!!! GIMECHANIC_454's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skeet123
    did you remove this neutral safety switch, reason i ask is when you put it back on did you put it in park or nuetral, it needs to be installed in neutral, if it was installed in park then the tit broke off and it wont work regaurdless what you do..
    actually i did not pull off the NSS but upon re-assembly i noticed that the tit was missing from the switch but i tryed to put a screw driver or something in there to push the rest of the button down and still nothing anyway the PRND21 are lights and then the lil line goes under them is not lit

JUST REMEBER IF YOUR GONA DO ALOT OF DAMAGE..DON'T STOP TILL IT SOUNDS EXSPENCIVE
    :fsc:

Member of the :fsc: 200,000 mile club