GM Inside - Ford Inside - Ford Ranger - Jeep - American Muscle

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

DELO Oil in a Gas engine?

This is a discussion on DELO Oil in a Gas engine? within the Technical / Maintenance forums, part of the General Discussion category; Anyone run the oil DELO 15w40 in their gasoline engines? I had a mechanic tell me that is all he ...

DELO Oil in a Gas engine?

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    Anyone run the oil DELO 15w40 in their gasoline engines? I had a mechanic tell me that is all he uses in any of his vehicles, and showed me on the back of the jug where it does say that it can be used in gasoline engines and EXCEDEDS manufactuer warranty requirements.

He tells me it is an all around better oil than any oil like Valvoline Castrol, etc. He also said he is not telling me to change, but only offering a suggestion since my motor does have high millage on it. He has a truck with a 4.3 in it that has over 400K, runs strong with no smoke and said that is all he has ever used in it.

Anyone else used it in a gasser before?
    1999 Yukon 5.7 Vortec/4L60E, Single In Dual Out 40 series Flowmaster
    CLICK HERE TO GET MUDSTRUCK

Re: DELO Oil in a Gas engine?

We use Delo 15w40 in both our diesel and gas burners at work. The fleet has many trucks with 200k or more on them.

I may give it a shot and see how I like it then since I found someone else who says something good about it.
    1999 Yukon 5.7 Vortec/4L60E, Single In Dual Out 40 series Flowmaster
    CLICK HERE TO GET MUDSTRUCK

pretty heavy wieght oil for where you are. It won't hurt anything though, probably effect your gas mileage a little, and your HP a little bit. Delo is good stuff though.
    94 K2500 350 TBI, CUSTOM INTAKE, FLOWMASTER TRUE DUALS- NO KITTIES,MSD BLASTER COIL,COMPLETE TBI MODS TUNE UP, MOST OF THE ULTIMATE TBI MODS DONE, NEW CAB CORNERS. PLAN ON DOING SOME MORE MODS SOON.

how many miles on your truck?

If it's running good and not giving you problems, why change whats been working for you?

My buddy has 310K on his 96 model, 350 engine and he runs valvoline 10w40, oil change about every 8K.

I also run valvoline 10w40 with a qt of lucas oil stablizer, 80K on 350 engine and do not have to add any oil between 5K oil changes.

I guess most oils are fine, if you change oil and filter on sometype regular interval.

I Hate You All, Equally.

I used 10W30 for the most part in my truck, neglected it for a while, started really working on it to make up for the neglect and it still runs strong after 300k. I would only switch if you have to top the oil up every so often.

1983 Jimmy Sierra Classic-Future LSX Swap Recipient
    2002 Silverado 2500HD CCSB LT-Daily Driver
    1995 Corsica-Super-Sleeper in Progress