If you are not able to login to the forum, please Contact Us here to let us know. Thanks!

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

b4u sport performance package question

This is a discussion on b4u sport performance package question within the Technical / Maintenance forums, part of the General Discussion category; I was looking at the rpo codes on my 93 silverado today trying to find out what gear was in ...

b4u sport performance package question

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    I was looking at the rpo codes on my 93 silverado today trying to find out what gear was in the diff. found out but while looking them up I have the rpo code b4u and I seen that b4u was the sport performance package... what all did this package include whats special about it... I seen that the ss's have the b4u rpo code but my truck has the L05 5.7L V8 and is not a supersport. So does this just makes it a sport? just trying to figure out whats special about a silverado with the sport performance package...

was checking out someother silverado 350 sport's and they claim to have a different computer chip is this true...

I have researced and this is the only thing I could find talking about a sport. or anything mentioning sport package at all. pulled this from edmonds heres the page I pulled it from I just copied and pasted the 93 part. http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...rticleId=63939

"1993 saw more engine improvements, as the 4.3-liter V6 and all gas V8s (5.0 liter, 5.7 liter and 7.4 liter) were refined for smoother performance via changes to their induction systems. The V6 was tweaked for 5 more horsepower for a total of 165 horses. Later in the year, a natural gas version of the 5.7-liter V8 became available. Following the lead set by the heavy-duty 4L80-E automatic transmission, a 4L60-E four-speed automatic gearbox debuted for non-heavy-duty trucks, and it was also electronically controlled for smoother gear changes. Interior refinements included new stereo controls, dual cupholders and Scotchgard fabric protection. Added this year was the redundantly named Sportside Sport, which consisted of a Silverado Sportside, equipped with alloy wheels, various color-keyed components (grill, mirrors, bumpers) and obligatory "Sport" decals. The Scottsdale trim level was dropped."

but it doesnt mention anything about performance aspects.... and my truck does not have the colormatch stuff although this was probably an option

thanks
    -Ken
    Last edited by fullthrtle; 04-20-2008 at 10:09 PM.