If you are not able to login to the forum, please Contact Us here to let us know. Thanks!

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

350 Vortec _ Placement of O-Rings where fuel lines enter injector body

This is a discussion on 350 Vortec _ Placement of O-Rings where fuel lines enter injector body within the Technical / Maintenance forums, part of the General Discussion category; After checking fuel pressure and after good advice on this forum I have changed the fuel pressure regulator. I decided ...

350 Vortec _ Placement of O-Rings where fuel lines enter injector body

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    After checking fuel pressure and after good advice on this forum I have changed the fuel pressure regulator. I decided to replace the two small o-rings for where the supply and return lines enter the injector body.

I need to know how to install these orings. I removed the old ones (yellow) with an oring pick out of the bores where the lines slide into. The new o-rings (black) that came with the felpro gasket set are quite a bit smaller than the ones i removed. I guessed the old ones grew because of fuel. Where do these O-Rings go?

Any advice would be much appreciate. Stranded with no vehicle until I can figure out how to install these o rings.

Thanks a lot.

Re: 350 Vortec _ Placement of O-Rings where fuel lines enter injector body

Quote Originally Posted by AndyGrove
    After checking fuel pressure and after good advice on this forum I have changed the fuel pressure regulator. I decided to replace the two small o-rings for where the supply and return lines enter the injector body.

I need to know how to install these orings. I removed the old ones (yellow) with an oring pick out of the bores where the lines slide into. The new o-rings (black) that came with the felpro gasket set are quite a bit smaller than the ones i removed. I guessed the old ones grew because of fuel. Where do these O-Rings go?

Any advice would be much appreciate. Stranded with no vehicle until I can figure out how to install these o rings.

Thanks a lot.
    what year is the truck? Typically the o-rings go on the end of the fuel lines, right behind the raised edge.

S/C Z71

They don't grow due to fuel either. You may have the wrong part.
    Last edited by S/C Z71; 06-14-2008 at 10:31 PM.

Australian Chevy

As SC Z71 said.
    I'd slip it over the fuel lines and but the O'ring upto the flare. Put a little Vaseline on them and push them in (we're still talking O'rings here right Lol!).
    You'll soon now if they're correct or not. If they go in too easy....wrong ones.
    Howard

YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T
    MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE
    DUCT TAPE.

98 K1500 Suburban, 4L80E, Whipple SC, Marine Intake, Hydroboost, LS1 0411 PCM.