GM Inside - Ford Inside - Ford Ranger - Jeep - American Muscle

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

2000 Silverado Clutch replace

This is a discussion on 2000 Silverado Clutch replace within the Technical / Maintenance forums, part of the General Discussion category; Alrighty its about time to put in a new clutch. Truck has about 153k on her and the TO bearing ...

2000 Silverado Clutch replace

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    Alrighty its about time to put in a new clutch. Truck has about 153k on her and the TO bearing is def making some noise. Looking at getting the ZOOM replacement clutch from summit and a new flywheel from the local advance. Would it be wise to get a new slave cylinder and if yes how hard is it to bleed this system. Also if anyone has done this on this model truck any insight would be greatly appreciated. Using a buddies shop and dont want to miss something and leave a deadlined truck in his shop.

Re: 2000 Silverado Clutch replace

Well lets see. Since i cant see truck. Is it just a stocker or? is it a drag truck or just a daily hauler. Yes replace at least the slave cylinder. Rear main seal trans output shaft seal trans fluid I am sure others will chime in....

Rear main for sure.

***Current***
    '97 ecsb z71, 6" RCX, 3" PA BL, 35x12.50x15 procomp, other mods.
    Quote Originally Posted by HawgWyld
    The difference between a 4x4 and a penis is that with a 4x4, you actually go look for bigger holes to put it in.
    USMC

Oh yeah its a stock truck with normal bolt ons and a tune. Well I guess its not stock now is it. I dont hammer the truck and I dont have ubber sized tires on it. I've already put in new trans fluid about 3k miles ago. It was already up on a lift while doing an oil change and everything was right there so i decided to do it. What all work is involved with changing the rear main seal and the output seal. Sorry just haven't dug into this sort of stuff yet. Am capable of doing it with the help that I have just want all my ducks in a row so i can do it once.

And a pilot bearing.

***Current***
    The difference between a 4x4 and a penis is that with a 4x4, you actually go look for bigger holes to put it in.
    USMC

I think it just bolts in place. Not sure tho.

***Current***
    USMC

Yeah im getting the whole clutch kit it comes with the pilot and to bearing, disc and plate, alignment tool and the clutch line tool. Im cool with the clutch job just a little leary of the rear main seal and output shaft seal in the trans. Ive been reading up on bleeding the system and it appears to be a PITA.

Just have 2 people correct?

***Current***
    USMC

Yeah ill have 2 extra set of hands with this and one is an ase tech from ford and the other went to wyotech. I talked to them last night and they are pretty comfortable with helping and ive got some extra resources on tap if i need to use them. I was checking to see if anyone ran into those little quirks with this type of job or any of the helper ideas.