If you are not able to login to the forum, please Contact Us here to let us know. Thanks!

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

reverse lights come on when turn signal is on

This is a discussion on reverse lights come on when turn signal is on within the Technical / Maintenance forums, part of the General Discussion category; Alright, As the title says my truck is doing some funky things. When the right turn signal is turned on ...

reverse lights come on when turn signal is on

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    Alright, As the title says my truck is doing some funky things. When the right turn signal is turned on the flasher clicks rapidly. (like when a bulb is burned) However; the bulbs all light up, the right rear turn signal is dim, the reverse lights come on flashing (very dim). Additionally, when the problem occurs if I put the truck in reverse the right reverse light does not come on. This happens sporadically but seems to happen when the temperatures are at or below freezing.

Any suggestions

98 Silverado Z-71 5.7 Reg cab

Re: reverse lights come on when turn signal is on

Could be your multifunction lever (blinker switch) these fail on the OBS trucks and cause strange problems.

2006 Tahoe Z71

Loves GMT400 haters someotherguy's Avatar

Indeed, most likely a bad ground. Either the taillight circuit board is flaky, ground wire from the rear harness to the frame is flaky, or connection to the circuit board. In that order.

Richard

Got it! Mudbuddy and someotherguy are both right. The bad ground was because the connector from the wire harness to the tail light board is not making a good connection. May have to do some cutting and soldering.

Thanks for the fast help!