If you are not able to login to the forum, please Contact Us here to let us know. Thanks!

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

2004 Silverado Replace Body Control Module

This is a discussion on 2004 Silverado Replace Body Control Module within the Technical / Maintenance forums, part of the General Discussion category; Has anyone replaced one of these before? Where did you buy the new one? What are the land mines to ...

2004 Silverado Replace Body Control Module

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    Has anyone replaced one of these before? Where did you buy the new one? What are the land mines to be aware of? How difficult is it?

Thanks.

Re: 2004 Silverado Replace Body Control Module

You can buy one at the dealership. Its mounted under the dash on the driver's side. The dealership will have to program it.
    Last edited by K1500Tech; 03-12-2010 at 09:28 PM.

Katzkin leather interior, 2" CCM Off road leveling kit, Ranch Hand grill guard, and Ranch Hand rear bumper.

Thanks K1500. Does this mean that the dealership would need to do the entire install? I called one dealership in our area and they basically gave me a parts price of 345 bucks, then they would need my truck to program it. Does this basically mean that this is not a do it yourself job on the install part? I was thinking they hook it up to the computer, download the information and hand me the module. Do you know how this works?

The BCM need to be in the vehicle to download the softwear. The vehicle will not run with an unprogrammed BCM so you installing it and driving to the dealer is out.

Quote Originally Posted by mdthomas26 View Post
    Thanks K1500. Does this mean that the dealership would need to do the entire install? I called one dealership in our area and they basically gave me a parts price of 345 bucks, then they would need my truck to program it. Does this basically mean that this is not a do it yourself job on the install part? I was thinking they hook it up to the computer, download the information and hand me the module. Do you know how this works?
    04 K1500 Silverado EXT 3:73 gears, 5.3L 265/75-16,Pace Edwards tonneau,

I owned a Ford.....twice stupid friend's Avatar

and it's a 1 time shot. if you enter the wrong VIN or RPO codes, there is no second chance.
    Originally Posted by nebraskaz71

I fingered where I could fit, few tight spots though and then it kept seeping out all over the place even after releasing pressure. What a mess

The RPO cals can be changed anytime. Many here have done it to add DIC, different radio systems,mirrors etc.
    04 K1500 Silverado EXT 3:73 gears, 5.3L 265/75-16,Pace Edwards tonneau,

You can either change it at the dealership parking lot and have them program it. The other option is change it at home and have it towed to the dealership.

Katzkin leather interior, 2" CCM Off road leveling kit, Ranch Hand grill guard, and Ranch Hand rear bumper.