If you are not able to login to the forum, please Contact Us here to let us know. Thanks!

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

96 5.7 vortec running sloppy :((((( P0340

This is a discussion on 96 5.7 vortec running sloppy :((((( P0340 within the Technical / Maintenance forums, part of the General Discussion category; hi everybody!!! first time user i just got my 1996 k1500 bout a month ago and it keeps throwing the ...

96 5.7 vortec running sloppy :((((( P0340

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    hi everybody!!! first time user i just got my 1996 k1500 bout a month ago and it keeps throwing the P0340 trouble code i replaced the camshaft position sensor and looked at the cap and rotor they were fine replaced the plugs, wires, oil, and all the basics but its still stumbling heres my problem when i first start it up it runs fine.........for about 30 minutes and then all hell breaks loose it still runs fine after those 30 mins but u haft to drive it very peacefully like under 2 grand on the tach peaceful and if u mash on it it stumbles and misfires, refuses to shift, and wont even act like it wants to pass 3 grand on the tach but it only seems to do this after those few mins of getting it to driving temp NEED HELP PLZ!! ITS GOT ME STOOPED!!!
    SNAKE

Re: 96 5.7 vortec running sloppy :((((( P0340

* Visually inspect all the wiring and connectors in the circuit
    * Check for continuity in the circuit wiring
    * Check the operation (voltage) of the camshaft position sensor
    * Check the crankshaft position circuit as well
    NEW 2004 Sierra D-MAX

check for a plugged up cat.

HAULIN A$$,AND SUCKIN GAS 350CHEVYROB's Avatar

i would put a timing gun on 1# wire and see if it jumps around if so it could be ...

1# a bad distributor reluctor ring pick up

2# timing chain is worn out

95 GMC Yukon 1500 4X4

I had this problem also in fact I thought that the rebuilt trans had failed and barely got back from GA. It started with o2 sensor 1 bank one it threw a code for the cam sensor also replaced it and then the thong acted like it was 180 out so replaced crank sensor no change found that the o2 had shorted back in the loom and took out engine fuse. Anyway the list is long as I did not suspect the Cats as the truck only had 130,000 on it, but after more investigation for trans problems changed cats and bingo here we go. Replace them with Magnaflows

thanks guys ill tell u what i find
    SNAKE

ok so i checked the cats they dnt seem to have any issues but i still hate the stupid hippie restrictive contraptions so like bobneu said imma prolly end up changing them by the end of the month anyway HERES SOME OTHER PROBLEMS IM HAVING i took her out for the usual 30 min stroll and popped my hood and found a lightshow coming from #3 could it be a sticky EGR valve or o2 sensors
    SNAKE