GM Inside - Ford Inside - Ford Ranger - Jeep - American Muscle

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

Cooling System Bleeding Screws

This is a discussion on Cooling System Bleeding Screws within the Technical / Maintenance forums, part of the General Discussion category; I did a search on this and didn't find an answer. I'm planning on changing my coolant on my 2005 ...

Cooling System Bleeding Screws

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    I did a search on this and didn't find an answer. I'm planning on changing my coolant on my 2005 5.3L Chevrolet Crew Cab. On the filling procedures it indicates to open the cooling system bleeding screws; however, it doesn't say where they are at. My 2000 Camaro had one screw and it was on the thermostat housing. Any ideas?

Thanks.
    2005 Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L

Re: Cooling System Bleeding Screws

the thermostat is in the water pump there will be no bleeder screw that i know of. if there is it will be on the highest point of the engine.
    just release your reservior cap. its a pressurized system thats closed
    i havent ever looked for a bleed screw on my 5.3
    NEW 2004 Sierra D-MAX

I am just guessing but i will bet your using a Chilton's or Haynes manual and there generic and notorious for lots of errors. Get the FSM if your doing your own repairs, it will save your more than the cost of the complete set.
    04 K1500 Silverado EXT 3:73 gears, 5.3L 265/75-16,Pace Edwards tonneau,

I am using the FSM. I learned my lesson buying Chiltons or Haynes books don't help much. I love these FSM manuals they as usually so detailed and step by step, but I guess they thought these screws were just common sense? I checked the index, and it doesn't list the screws. The funny thing is it lists a hose but it doesn't have any screws on it. I guess I need to look a little more into it.
    Last edited by aldaran; 06-02-2010 at 10:25 PM.
    2005 Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L