GM Inside - Ford Inside - Ford Ranger - Jeep - American Muscle

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

95 Sierra Clutch Bleed

This is a discussion on 95 Sierra Clutch Bleed within the Technical / Maintenance forums, part of the General Discussion category; ok guys, so i replaced my master for the clutch because it completly failed. put it all back together after ...

95 Sierra Clutch Bleed

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    ok guys, so i replaced my master for the clutch because it completly failed. put it all back together after bleeding the master, reblead the whole system via the bleeder screw on the slave. but i still cant get it to work. i know the clutch is fine, it was just replaced a few months ago and i have been greasing the nipple on the bell housing every 30k. anyone got any tips to bleeding this thing? the guys at the tranmission shop are useless here. i dont have a reverse bleeder, and would like to refrain from buying one if possible.
    Thanks
    1995 GMC Sierra 2500 4x4 5.7L 5 speed manual W/T

Re: 95 Sierra Clutch Bleed

Not familiar with the hydraulics on your particular truck but this is what I generally do for bleeding clutch systems.

Unbolt the slave cylinder and hold it with the inlet line at top. Push in the piston on the slave cylinder (push the pushrod in). This drives any air in the slave up the line and into the master cylinder reservoir where it will bubble up thru the fluid and escape.. I do this three or four times and this gets rid of all the air.
    2006 1500 Work Truck. 4.3l, NV3500, G80 locker, long bed. Mobil1 oil, Wix filters.

did you bench bleed the master? i used a mityvac on my camaro. it was like $15 at the autoparts store.
    Jeff-
    Play Supreme Deer Hunting
    2001 Silverado Z71 ext cab - 5.3l v8 4x4 Silver - airaid intake, cone filter, flopro muffler

yeah, i did bench bleed the master.

slave cylinder leaking. if post number two doesnt work, cycle the clutch pedal 20-50 times between bleeding. repeat until you have a pedal. probably should replace slave cylinder if original.
    Last edited by NEUMANNZZ; 07-08-2010 at 02:58 PM.
    O2 GMC RCSB 4.8L V8 AUTO 3.73's
    rebuilt/beefed up 4L60E(at 43,000miles)
    Matching Ninja 500r

slave is brand new. replaced it 2 weeks ago, everything was working great than the master crapped out.