If you are not able to login to the forum, please Contact Us here to let us know. Thanks!

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

2011 silverado cab mounts

This is a discussion on 2011 silverado cab mounts within the Technical / Maintenance forums, part of the General Discussion category; I was taking the cab mounts out tonight to put my new nerf bars on and twisted the insert in ...

2011 silverado cab mounts

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    I was taking the cab mounts out tonight to put my new nerf bars on and twisted the insert in the middle cab mount. Is there a way to fix it, or get the bolt the rest of the way out? Please, I need help quick

Re: 2011 silverado cab mounts

You got to pull the seat and there is a plug in the floor for access to the nut. It seems to be happening to alot of them.

Was the nut welded to the cab or does it just have a keeper or something?

Welcome to the club.......2010 here.....and the 2 middle bolts also. I heard grapevine rumor that GM is aware of this and that they've come up with a procedure to remedy, but taking the seats out is not the way as there is not an access plate to them.....so I've been told. I know a mechanic who works at our local GM dealer and had talked to him about mine, but have not heard yet if it's going to be warranteed. 4 months later, I'm still driving around with 2 bolts loose.
    Last edited by wotknot; 11-25-2010 at 08:29 AM.