If you are not able to login to the forum, please Contact Us here to let us know. Thanks!

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

02 sensor simulator

This is a discussion on 02 sensor simulator within the Technical / Maintenance forums, part of the General Discussion category; i recently hollowed out my cat and put in an o2 sensor cheater, and it got wired up three different ...

02 sensor simulator

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    i recently hollowed out my cat and put in an o2 sensor cheater, and it got wired up three different ways, and no matter which way it is wire up, the truck still throws the o2 sensor code. does anyone have a cheater in their truck and care to shed some light on the situation?

----

i seem to have found a solution, you can put spark plug non foulers as a gap between the o2 sensor and the pipe, not simulate it and it apparantly works. i've yet to do it but i will be.
    Last edited by drift_onli; 05-10-2011 at 02:53 AM.

Re: 02 sensor simulator

*bump*

still looking for insight as to how to cheat an o2 sensor after the cat, i have it spaced further away from the pipe but is still throwing the code. not as early as what it used to, but is still throwing the code. has anyone successfully cheated/simulated their o2 sensor in a obs chevy? if so, then how? i thought maybe if i removed the cat entirely and welded in a straight pipe in its place might help a bit, but im willing to try anything at this point... aside from buying a cat, or a high flow cat, or any combination of anything that tries to help protect the environment.

You might get more response if you put in info of your vehicle. If you have an OBD1 vehicle you must have a working O2 sensor and OBD2 needs the front sensors working the rears can be tuned out with a custom tune.
    04 K1500 Silverado EXT 3:73 gears, 5.3L 265/75-16,Pace Edwards tonneau,

im just looking into tuning software and gathering the info needed, but its an obd2 obs chevy.

Give the tuner Black Bear a call.
    04 K1500 Silverado EXT 3:73 gears, 5.3L 265/75-16,Pace Edwards tonneau,

on my 1997 i have no cat and about once a month or so, the check engine light will come on, but will always go off, could last 5 minutes or a couple days. But i have looked at many tricks on how to trick the system, because before i did it, i expected the check engine light too stay on too. The spark plug non fouler trick is good (which i think you already have when you said spacer), but i also learned you can take a metal coathanger and tie the o2 sensor to the pipe, so it gets hot but doesnt get too hot indicating no catalytic converter. Hopefully this could help!
    Last edited by Greenmachine97; 05-14-2011 at 07:37 PM.

thanks, but how exactly did you do this? did you pull out the sensor and plug the hole with a bolt, and just wrap wire around the sensor and pipe putting it after the cat or directly on the cat? i dont think it would matter, just curious as to the specifics on how to do it successfully.

Quote Originally Posted by drift_onli View Post
    thanks, but how exactly did you do this? did you pull out the sensor and plug the hole with a bolt, and just wrap wire around the sensor and pipe putting it after the cat or directly on the cat? i dont think it would matter, just curious as to the specifics on how to do it successfully.
    well i had a spare o2 sensor, i used to plug the hole(but im sure you can go to advanced auto or ace hardware and get a plug) i put the metal part of the o2 sensor on the pipe, and held it on while i took a metal coat hanger and wrapped it around. i know it sounds really ****ty but its really not bad and not noticable, i do not go muddin with this truck so it doesnt matter on this one. One more tip, dont tie the actual o2 sensor wire on the pipe or it will burn it. and i tied it up directly above the hole, but i dont think it will really matter

Quote Originally Posted by Greenmachine97 View Post
    well i had a spare o2 sensor, i used to plug the hole(but im sure you can go to advanced auto or ace hardware and get a plug) i put the metal part of the o2 sensor on the pipe, and held it on while i took a metal coat hanger and wrapped it around. i know it sounds really ****ty but its really not bad and not noticable, i do not go muddin with this truck so it doesnt matter on this one. One more tip, dont tie the actual o2 sensor wire on the pipe or it will burn it. and i tied it up directly above the hole, but i dont think it will really matter
    thanks again. i will eventually get a tune , but i cant with what the local shops are charging, and it almost seems inconvenient to do it online.