If you are not able to login to the forum, please Contact Us here to let us know. Thanks!

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

1994 k1500 slipping trans and hard shift into 2nd

This is a discussion on 1994 k1500 slipping trans and hard shift into 2nd within the Technical / Maintenance forums, part of the General Discussion category; I know nothing about transmissions...I know the truck is slipping in 1st gear, if you are real easy on the ...

1994 k1500 slipping trans and hard shift into 2nd

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    I know nothing about transmissions...I know the truck is slipping in 1st gear, if you are real easy on the throttle it will shift nice into 2nd...If I am in 1st and use what i would consider "normal" throttle you can feel it slip and grab 2nd hard. All other gears seam to work okay....on the freeway it seams fine. I have not had the truck very long and am bumming about this...I am going to fix it. Any thoughts? I am guessing the trans is going to have to come out...Never done that, but will.

Re: 1994 k1500 slipping trans and hard shift into 2nd

Do you know what transmission you have? If I remember right it should have either the 4L60E or the 4L80E. If you manually shift it into 1st gear does it still slip or is it only when in drive? How many miles on the vehcle/transmission?

140k on it and assume its 4l60e...I haved not tried the put in 1, only drive, and OD..both seem to do it...will check that out. I am a snowmobile/motorcycle wrencher, and have decent basic skills.....I do not have much time under trucks...Where can I find out what tranny it has for sure....everything I have read says 4l60e on the net. I know these are such basic questions you guys are rolling your eyes at me but would rather look dumb then make a dumb mistake. Thanks fo any and all help...I need to get this fixed and have a tight budget..like most i am sure.

4L60E.

if your planning on getting it rebuilt also get a new or remanufactured torque converter.
    if your cheap and want a junkyard special and dont mind replacing them often 93-94 are the years you are looking for plus it has to be out of a 4x4.
    O2 GMC RCSB 4.8L V8 AUTO 3.73's
    rebuilt/beefed up 4L60E(at 43,000miles)
    Matching Ninja 500r